Old 01-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Debarshi Ray

Default Orphaning isight-firmware-tools

I lost my Mac OS X installation a few days ago and hence I need to
orphan isight-firmware-tools:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/isight-firmware-tools

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Bastien Nocera

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 19:12 +0200, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> I lost my Mac OS X installation a few days ago and hence I need to
> orphan isight-firmware-tools:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/isight-firmware-tools

Which devices is that actually needed for? The webcam in my macbook air
didn't need any firmware, nor was it needed on a macbook early 2009.

Cheers

Old 01-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Debarshi Ray

> Which devices is that actually needed for? The webcam in my macbook air
> didn't need any firmware, nor was it needed on a macbook early 2009.

I need it on my Intel Macbook bought in mid-2007. It is neither a
MacbookPro nor an Air. It is one of those 13" white ones. I really
forgot the formal name of the model.

Cheers,
Debarshi

Old 01-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Bastien Nocera

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 15:55 +0200, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> > Which devices is that actually needed for? The webcam in my macbook air
> > didn't need any firmware, nor was it needed on a macbook early 2009.
>
> I need it on my Intel Macbook bought in mid-2007. It is neither a
> MacbookPro nor an Air. It is one of those 13" white ones. I really
> forgot the formal name of the model.

I'm afraid I don't have the hardware to test this then.

Cheers