Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Colin Walters

Default add dbus to base comps group

Hi,

We'd like to remove the dependency of the dbus-libs package on dbus
(which will run even if the app doesn't need the daemon).

As part of this though we need to ensure the bus is available if
you've done a default workstation (desktop needs it) or server (want
admin tools etc. to use) install. In practice, since NetworkManager
is in base, dbus gets pulled in, but we should make this explicit.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Jesse Keating

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 16:35 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:

> We'd like to remove the dependency of the dbus-libs package on dbus
> (which will run even if the app doesn't need the daemon).
>
> As part of this though we need to ensure the bus is available if
> you've done a default workstation (desktop needs it) or server (want
> admin tools etc. to use) install. In practice, since NetworkManager
> is in base, dbus gets pulled in, but we should make this explicit.

Looks fine by me.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!