Old 01-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Adam Williamson

Default Call for Fedora 13 Test Days

Hi, folks. It's about time we kicked the Fedora 13 Test Day cycle into
gear!

For those who haven't had experience yet with the Test Day concept,
here's an overview:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days

and here's the Fedora 12 Test Day schedule, so you can see what a
completed cycle looks like:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_12_test_days

This is a call for anyone who's got an idea for a Test Day for Fedora 13
to submit a request. The Test Day process is very flexible. We usually
run a track of 'official' QA group Test Days on Thursdays, but the
process can be used in different ways. A Test Day can be owned and
organized by another group, run on a different day and promoted in
whatever way the group feels appropriate. You can help to organize a
Test Day that's promoted under the auspices of QA, or you can submit an
idea for a Test Day and ask us to do almost all the organization work
for you. So if you have any kind of Test Day idea, please don't hold
back, send it in!

To propose a Test Day, follow the guide:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/Create . It's really short
and easy. If even that is too much, though, please feel free to just
email the QA list (test@) or me personally, and we'll help guide you
through the process.

Just for reference, here's the ideas we have already for the F13 cycle:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:QA/Fedora_13_test_days

Now dazzle us with your ideas! Thanks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 AM
"Neville A. Cross"

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> I am tempted to submit test days for Fedora Insight ("can you submit an
> article through the workflow?" and "how usable/readable is the
> interface?"), and for Limesurvey ("can you figure out how to create a
> survey?")
>
> Hollering out for an initial "does this sound like a reasonable idea?"
> gauge - if there were such a Test Day, held during a time window you
> could attend, would you probably come test for an hour or so? Would you
> be interested in helping to organize/run one?
>
> I'm not going to hold anyone to this, just getting a handle on the
> interest in both areas might be.
>
> --Mel

Sounds very fun thing to do. I may run one location for that.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217

Old 01-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Heherson Pagcaliwagan

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> I am tempted to submit test days for Fedora Insight ("can you submit an
> article through the workflow?" and "how usable/readable is the
> interface?"), and for Limesurvey ("can you figure out how to create a
> survey?")
>
> Hollering out for an initial "does this sound like a reasonable idea?"
> gauge - if there were such a Test Day, held during a time window you
> could attend, would you probably come test for an hour or so? Would you
> be interested in helping to organize/run one?

Yes on both questions

> I'm not going to hold anyone to this, just getting a handle on the
> interest in both areas might be.
>
> --Mel

Heherson Pagcaliwagan
http://project.azneita.org
+63.908.885.5428

Old 01-20-2010, 03:37 PM
"Neville A. Cross"

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
> I am tempted to submit test days for Fedora Insight ("can you submit an
> article through the workflow?" and "how usable/readable is the
> interface?"), and for Limesurvey ("can you figure out how to create a
> survey?")
>
> Hollering out for an initial "does this sound like a reasonable idea?"
> gauge - if there were such a Test Day, held during a time window you
> could attend, would you probably come test for an hour or so? Would you
> be interested in helping to organize/run one?
>
> I'm not going to hold anyone to this, just getting a handle on the
> interest in both areas might be.
>
> --Mel

I would like to try two things.

a) alfa/beta test day: Invite people to a computer lab where they can
try F13 in a liveCD or a virtual install. Probably will get some
comments, bugs reports... I will have to prepare a check list for
things to try. Probably poke QA team. Will be nice to have a computer
connected to a projector and some people from QA via IRC so we can
have more guidance. This is more geeks oriented.

So far I have secured a small lab, about 8 computers. This is a small
company, not related with universities. They are open to accomodate
our schedule. They work opensource web aplications/pages design and
view this as a oportunity to get to know people on the field.

b) Limesurvey test day: get some students from marketing/management
dealing with some research class and ask them to try limesurvey. As
this is more academic focus this will have to be on university lab. I
think I can sell the idea, but need about one week so they get back to
work.

I am not sure will be that good idea to try limesurvey on F13 alfa...
OS bug may interfere with survey testing.

I will keep posted how these things evolve.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217

Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 PM
"Neville A. Cross"

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Neville A. Cross <nacross@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Mel Chua <mel@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I am tempted to submit test days for Fedora Insight ("can you submit an
>> article through the workflow?" and "how usable/readable is the
>> interface?"), and for Limesurvey ("can you figure out how to create a
>> survey?")
>>
>> Hollering out for an initial "does this sound like a reasonable idea?"
>> gauge - if there were such a Test Day, held during a time window you
>> could attend, would you probably come test for an hour or so? Would you
>> be interested in helping to organize/run one?
>>
>> I'm not going to hold anyone to this, just getting a handle on the
>> interest in both areas might be.
>>
>> --Mel

I am just reading again the whole idea of test day, and I am realizing
that I mistaken the example of QA with what actually was wanted to
test for Marketing.

The concept about testing Insight Flow requires more understanding of
news, probably will not be so useful to have outsider, unless they
have some experience dealing with press/media. In any case I volunteer
to review this work flow.

I any case what I got is support from one small company for accessing
his lab with some volunteers. Also I got access to a university lab
and a bunch of IT students which where happy to give something
different to try. The access to business/markeing students got swamp
in bureaucracy, they haven't figure out who has to answer my request.

I can arrange with those IT student one test day for limesurvey. We
need to agreed dates and some sort of guide for them. I may write one
test-guide if there is nothing already done. Something like do a
survey using a, b, c, type of questions. The send invites. Answer
others peoples test. Go to build your statistics.

I will try to get hold of QA team to be on the loop with test days,
because the IT students got exited with the possibility of testing
alfa/beta. Maybe I can channelize that energy into something useful
for fedora. It is worth of exploring.

Sorry for the confusion. But at least I corrected myself and I think
those contacts may be useful some how in the near future.

Best regards

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217