FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Richard Hughes
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

2010/1/15 Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@dell.com>:
> ohm-0.1.1-9.39.20091215git.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539200

This should be a dead package, upstream is no longer being maintained.

Richard.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 13:48 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 07:27 -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > -----------------
> > Removing gmfsk also removes:
>
> This one is now fixed.
>
> > -----------------
> > Removing gnome-scan also removes:
>
> There's a patch logged against this now FWIW

There is also a newer version 0.7.1 (a year old, actually), which needs
a small patch as well to build against current babl. I would just build
it, but I don't have a scanner around to do any testing. I've put the
patch in the same bug, if somebody else wants to jump in...


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Till Maas
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:00:50AM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> The following 30 packages, with respective FTBFS bugs, have been open
> since the Fedora 11 time frame, and continue to fail to build. These
> are the oldest non-building packages in the distribution, everything
> else (over 8800) managed to build for Fedora 12 or newer already.

A more up to date list is available here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=511348&hide_resolved=1

> I'd like to propose the above list be dropped from the distribution,
> prior to Fedora 13 Alpha freeze, unless the package is made to build
> in rawhide before that.

This is in a month (2010-02-16).

Regards
Till
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Till Maas
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:00:50AM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:

> perl-SVN-Simple-0.27-7.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511729

Fixed.

Regards
Till
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Matt Domsch
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:00:50AM -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> The following 30 packages, with respective FTBFS bugs, have been open
> since the Fedora 11 time frame, and continue to fail to build. These
> are the oldest non-building packages in the distribution, everything
> else (over 8800) managed to build for Fedora 12 or newer already.
>
> awn-extras-applets-0.3.2.1-8.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511628
> evolution-brutus-1.2.35-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511451
> geronimo-specs-1.0-2.M2.fc10.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511494
> gmfsk-0.7-0.6.pre1.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511780
> gnome-scan-0.6.2-1.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511591
> Io-language-20071010-10.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511617
> knm_new-fonts-1.1-5.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=555487
> libFoundation-1.1.3-11.fc9.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511470
> ohm-0.1.1-9.39.20091215git.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539200
> perl-AnyEvent-XMPP-0.4-1.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511749
> perl-Class-InsideOut-1.09-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539136
> perl-Jemplate-0.23-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=538984
> perl-MooseX-Traits-Attribute-CascadeClear-0.03-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511570
> perl-RRD-Simple-1.43-3.fc9.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=464964
> perl-SVN-Mirror-0.75-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511770
> perl-SVN-Simple-0.27-7.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511729
> prctl-1.4-5.2.1.src.rpm (last built July 12, 2006, ExclusiveArch ia64)
> python-openhpi-1.1-3.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511675
> qtiplot-0.9-11.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511688
> recordmydesktop-0.3.8.1-1.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=538931
> skychart-3.0.1.5-6.20081026svn.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539202
> smarteiffel-2.3-2.fc9.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511362
> synce-kde-0.9.1-4.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539195
> unifdef-1.171-8.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511553
> widelands-0-0.13.Build13.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511430
> xpilot-ng-4.7.2-16.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511717
> xqilla10-1.0.2-6.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511599
> xqilla-2.1.3-0.6.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511425

Folks, while I appreciate you fixing these packages so they build
again, _please_ do take the time to consider if they are unloved
enough to be orphaned and dropped anyhow. If it's a leaf node in the
dependency tree, dead upstream, and unresponsive Fedora maintainer, it
should be orphaned and dropped rather than having a little bit of tape
applied to it and sent back into the game...


--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Milos Jakubicek
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On 15.1.2010 07:00, Matt Domsch wrote:

> synce-kde-0.9.1-4.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539195

Synce-kde should be EOL'd already a long time (it has been replaced by
something else, can't remember details unfortunately anymore) -- I spoke
about this with the maintainer some months ago and wonder this is still
on the list...

Regards,
Milos
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On 01/15/2010 01:00 AM, Matt Domsch wrote:
> perl-AnyEvent-XMPP-0.4-1.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511749

This one is awaiting an upstream fix (probably coming with 0.6).

> perl-Class-InsideOut-1.09-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539136

Looks like Ralf took care of this one.

> perl-Jemplate-0.23-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=538984

Fixed in rawhide: perl-Jemplate-0.23-5.fc13

> perl-MooseX-Traits-Attribute-CascadeClear-0.03-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511570

This is dead upstream (the code is there, but it doesn't do anything and
is marked as deprecated) and should be killed off. I've updated
perl-Fedora-Bugzilla to the latest version which no longer depends on it.

/me wonders where cweyl went...

> perl-RRD-Simple-1.43-3.fc9.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=464964

Bit rotted. If nothing deps on it, I say drop it.

> perl-SVN-Mirror-0.75-2.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511770

Debian dropped this package, I vote we also do the same.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=543099

~spot



--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Michael Schwendt
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:17:21 +0100, Milos wrote:

> On 15.1.2010 07:00, Matt Domsch wrote:
>
> > synce-kde-0.9.1-4.fc11.src.rpm https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=539195
>
> Synce-kde should be EOL'd already a long time (it has been replaced by
> something else, can't remember details unfortunately anymore) -- I spoke
> about this with the maintainer some months ago and wonder this is still
> on the list...

I only remember that synce-hal replaced synce-serial, ... but in case
synce-kde really has been replaced by something, what is so difficult
about removing files in cvs and adding a dead.package? I can understand
that creating a releng ticket for the remaining steps is a bit of a hurdle,
but removing files in cvs/devel is easy enough.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Michael Schwendt
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:13:41 -0600, Matt wrote:

> Folks, while I appreciate you fixing these packages so they build
> again, _please_ do take the time to consider if they are unloved
> enough to be orphaned and dropped anyhow. If it's a leaf node in the
> dependency tree, dead upstream, and unresponsive Fedora maintainer, it
> should be orphaned and dropped rather than having a little bit of tape
> applied to it and sent back into the game...

For heaven's sake, yes, yes, *YES*!

We want responsive maintainers (at least _one per package_) for every
package in the Fedora package collection.

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 01-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Adam Williamson
 
Default Candidate packages for removal due to FTBFS, implications

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 00:00 -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:

> xqilla-2.1.3-0.6.fc11.src.rpm
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511425

This one also has a major policy breach issue:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=555836

(it ships its own copy of xerces)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org