-   -   RawTherapee now GPLv3 -- anyone else interested? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/309382-rawtherapee-now-gplv3-anyone-else-interested.html)

Matthew Miller 01-14-2010 06:39 PM

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:59:32PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 06:36:47PM +0100, Dan Horák wrote:
> > > Anyone else interested in working on packaging this?
> > Can it be build and used without the rawzor binary blobs?
> No. That's "Needs Work".

Wait, scratch that -- the work is done. And it's easy:

option (WITH_RAWZOR "Build with Rawzor support" OFF)

It also needs to be removed from the source tarball, as do some libs
precompiled for win32.

There's also some minor per-file license-statement issues (with themes and
tranlations) but that should be easily and hopefully quickly addressed.
http://code.google.com/p/rawtherapee/issues/detail?id=16

--
Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org <http://mattdm.org/>

Sebastian Dziallas 01-15-2010 01:36 PM

Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> Can it be build and used without the rawzor binary blobs?
>> No. That's "Needs Work".
>
> Wait, scratch that -- the work is done. And it's easy:
>
> option (WITH_RAWZOR "Build with Rawzor support" OFF)
>
> It also needs to be removed from the source tarball, as do some libs
> precompiled for win32.
>
> There's also some minor per-file license-statement issues (with themes and
> tranlations) but that should be easily and hopefully quickly addressed.
> http://code.google.com/p/rawtherapee/issues/detail?id=16

I had attempted to package it, since it would be probably of interest
for the Design Suite, but building currently fails due to [1]. I'm not
sure whether I'll be able to look into it over the next days, but if
somebody else needs a reviewer or co-maintainer, I'm certainly up for it.

--Sebastian

[1]
http://www.rawtherapee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1701&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=30

Matthew Miller 01-16-2010 03:22 AM

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 03:36:42PM +0100, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> I had attempted to package it, since it would be probably of interest
> for the Design Suite, but building currently fails due to [1]. I'm not
> sure whether I'll be able to look into it over the next days, but if
> somebody else needs a reviewer or co-maintainer, I'm certainly up for it.
> [1]
> http://www.rawtherapee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1701&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=30

Interesting. Builds fine for me on Rawhide, x86_64.

--
Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org <http://mattdm.org/>

Thomas Spura 01-16-2010 11:13 AM

Am Freitag, den 15.01.2010, 23:22 -0500 schrieb Matthew Miller:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 03:36:42PM +0100, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> > I had attempted to package it, since it would be probably of interest
> > for the Design Suite, but building currently fails due to [1]. I'm not
> > sure whether I'll be able to look into it over the next days, but if
> > somebody else needs a reviewer or co-maintainer, I'm certainly up for it.
> > [1]
> > http://www.rawtherapee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1701&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=30
>
> Interesting. Builds fine for me on Rawhide, x86_64.

Here on F-12 I get a seqmentation fault...

Thibault North 01-22-2010 02:49 PM

On Friday 15 January 2010 15:36:42 Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
>[...]
> I had attempted to package it, since it would be probably of interest
> for the Design Suite, but building currently fails due to [1]. I'm not
> sure whether I'll be able to look into it over the next days, but if
> somebody else needs a reviewer or co-maintainer, I'm certainly up for it.
> [...]

It is now fixed in gcc 4.4.3 and 4.5 snapshots.
Maybe I can take a look at it and make a package within 3 weeks. But if
someone has more time right now, go for it.

- Thibault

01-24-2010 01:40 PM

RawTherapee now GPLv3 -- anyone else interested?

> On Friday 15 January 2010 15:36:42 Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
>>[...]
>> I had attempted to package it, since it would be probably of interest
>> for the Design Suite, but building currently fails due to [1]. I'm not
>> sure whether I'll be able to look into it over the next days, but if
>> somebody else needs a reviewer or co-maintainer, I'm certainly up for
>> it.
>> [...]
>
> It is now fixed in gcc 4.4.3 and 4.5 snapshots.
> Maybe I can take a look at it and make a package within 3 weeks. But if
> someone has more time right now, go for it.
>
> - Thibault
I'm working on packaging already.

Matthew Miller 01-29-2010 07:09 PM

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 03:40:52PM +0100, jan.klepek@brandforge.sk wrote: