Old 01-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Default Mapserver 5.0.0 for -devel

Hi,

I'm about to push mapserver 5.0.0 for F-9. I intend to apply the
attached patch to its java makefile. Is it the correct way to do that? I
did the same issue for PostGIS package last month, and I want to make
sure that I'm not doing something wrong. Of course, spec now
buildrequires eclipse-ecj and libgcj per these changes.

BTW, I just submitted mapserver 5.0.0 to koji for testing, and here is
the related task:

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Old 01-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Patrice Dumas

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 06:36:55PM -0800, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to push mapserver 5.0.0 for F-9. I intend to apply the
> attached patch to its java makefile. Is it the correct way to do that? I

I am not sure that it is needed. javac and jar are certainly provided by
all the java packages in fedora. In my opinion leaving jar and javac
and having a BuildRequires java (or java-devel) could be enough.

Does libgcj or icedtea java fail to work right?

--
Pat

Old 01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 10:44 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > I'm about to push mapserver 5.0.0 for F-9. I intend to apply the
> > attached patch to its java makefile. Is it the correct way to do
> > that?
>
> I am not sure that it is needed. javac and jar are certainly provided
> by all the java packages in fedora. In my opinion leaving jar and
> javac and having a BuildRequires java (or java-devel) could be enough.

That's it -- I had missed to install java-1.7.0-icedtea-devel package.

Thanks. Let me push mapserver 5.0.0 to -devel now (and fix PostGIS
package).

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Old 01-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Patrice Dumas

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 02:38:10AM -0800, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 10:44 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > > I'm about to push mapserver 5.0.0 for F-9. I intend to apply the
> > > attached patch to its java makefile. Is it the correct way to do
> > > that?
> >
> > I am not sure that it is needed. javac and jar are certainly provided
> > by all the java packages in fedora. In my opinion leaving jar and
> > javac and having a BuildRequires java (or java-devel) could be enough.
>
> That's it -- I had missed to install java-1.7.0-icedtea-devel package.

I think that you should also replace java-gcj-compat-devel by java-devel
(maybe above a given version if needed).

--
Pat

Old 01-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 11:47 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > That's it -- I had missed to install java-1.7.0-icedtea-devel
> package.
>
> I think that you should also replace java-gcj-compat-devel by
> java-devel (maybe above a given version if needed).

Thanks, fixed. I'm not a java packager actually, and trying to learn...

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE