FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Neal Becker
 
Default What replaces /etc/profile.d/qt.sh on F9?

My builds of filelight fail on devel (but not on F8).

I add BR qt-devel to pull in /etc/profile.d/qt.sh.

This isn't working on devel:
+ source /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.19734: line 27: /etc/profile.d/qt.sh: No such file or directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.19734 (%build)


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 01-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Kevin Kofler
 
Default What replaces /etc/profile.d/qt.sh on F9?

Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> My builds of filelight fail on devel (but not on F8).
>
> I add BR qt-devel to pull in /etc/profile.d/qt.sh.
>
> This isn't working on devel:
> + source /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.19734: line 27: /etc/profile.d/qt.sh: No such file or
directory
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.19734 (%build)

qt.sh is still in qt-devel where it always was. Your problem is probably that
you're BRing kdelibs-devel, you have to BR kdelibs3-devel now.

Adding BR qt-devel probably didn't work because qt4-devel (which is required by
kdelibs-devel in Rawhide) also Provides it. It's the wrong fix anyway.

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Kevin Kofler
 
Default What replaces /etc/profile.d/qt.sh on F9?

Correction:

> Adding BR qt-devel probably didn't work because qt4-devel (which is required
> by kdelibs-devel in Rawhide) also Provides it.

Actually it doesn't, so I don't know why it still wasn't found with BR
qt-devel.

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 01-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Neal Becker
 
Default What replaces /etc/profile.d/qt.sh on F9?

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> My builds of filelight fail on devel (but not on F8).
>>
>> I add BR qt-devel to pull in /etc/profile.d/qt.sh.
>>
>> This isn't working on devel:
>> + source /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
>> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.19734: line 27: /etc/profile.d/qt.sh: No such file or
> directory
>> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.19734 (%build)
>
> qt.sh is still in qt-devel where it always was. Your problem is probably
> that you're BRing kdelibs-devel, you have to BR kdelibs3-devel now.
>
> Adding BR qt-devel probably didn't work because qt4-devel (which is
> required by kdelibs-devel in Rawhide) also Provides it. It's the wrong fix
> anyway.
>
> Kevin Kofler

I was going by this (this is on F8):

rpm -q -f /etc/profile.d/qt.sh
qt-devel-3.3.8-9.fc8.x86_64


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 01-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Kevin Kofler
 
Default What replaces /etc/profile.d/qt.sh on F9?

Neal Becker <ndbecker2 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I add BR qt-devel to pull in /etc/profile.d/qt.sh.
>
> This isn't working on devel:

I checked your CVS commit: You didn't actually add the BR, just the changelog
entry for it. ;-) So no wonder this had no effect.

But again: this is the wrong fix. You have to change your BR kdelibs-devel to
kdelibs3-devel and in turn that will drag in qt-devel automatically.
kdelibs-devel in Rawhide is KDE 4.

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Kevin Kofler
 
Default What replaces /etc/profile.d/qt.sh on F9?

Oh, and I forgot:
kdelibs-devel in F7 and F8 Provides: kdelibs3-devel, so BR kdelibs3-devel will
work on F7/F8 too (but not in EPEL, I guess).

Kevin Kofler

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:17 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org