Old 01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Default Control center idea

Hi,

I have written wiki draft page [1] about control center idea in Fedora.

1| http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JakubRusinek/DRAFT%FedoraControlCenter

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:

Hi,

I have written wiki draft page [1] about control center idea in Fedora.

1| http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JakubRusinek/DRAFT%FedoraControlCenter

If you are willing to maintain it, there is system-config-control
available at

http://www.indianoss.org/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=10

If you are interested in maintaining Yast, a port of it for RHEL is
available at which should work on Fedora too with possibly minor changes.

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/yast/

Rahul

Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Dnia 03-01-2008, czw o godzinie 21:02 +0530, Rahul Sundaram pisze:
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have written wiki draft page [1] about control center idea in Fedora.
> >

> > 1| http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JakubRusinek/DRAFT%FedoraControlCenter
>
> If you are willing to maintain it, there is system-config-control
> available at
>
> http://www.indianoss.org/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=10

Maintain = put into repo :> ?

Probably not... "January 17, 2006" - holy **it... It's old.

> If you are interested in maintaining Yast, a port of it for RHEL is
> available at which should work on Fedora too with possibly minor changes.
>
> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/yast/
>
> Rahul

Not sure about users opinion and OSS-environment reaction :> .

Old 01-03-2008, 07:34 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Dnia 03-01-2008, czw o godzinie 21:02 +0530, Rahul Sundaram pisze:
> If you are interested in maintaining Yast, a port of it for RHEL is
> available at which should work on Fedora too with possibly minor changes.
>
> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/yast/
>
> Rahul

No GTK support.
mv YaST > /dev/null

Old 01-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:

If you are interested in maintaining Yast, a port of it for RHEL is
available at which should work on Fedora too with possibly minor changes.

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/yast/

Rahul

No GTK support.
mv YaST > /dev/null

It is not the latest version. Both the suggestions are something for you
to potentially start with. You don't get anything yet that would just
fit in right away.

Rahul

Old 01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:

http://www.indianoss.org/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=10

Maintain = put into repo :> ?

Probably not... "January 17, 2006" - holy **it... It's old.

It was in the repository before for sometime and you would need to
update it.

Not sure about users opinion and OSS-environment reaction :> .

Not sure what that means. If you are willing to maintain it, just go
ahead and do it. I am sure opinions would be mixed.

Rahul

Old 01-03-2008, 09:09 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

I'm not developer. I'm only end-user, who became an packager.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:10 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Dnia 04-01-2008, pią o godzinie 02:08 +0530, Rahul Sundaram pisze:
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
>
> >> http://www.indianoss.org/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=10
> >
> > Maintain = put into repo :> ?
> >
> > Probably not... "January 17, 2006" - holy **it... It's old.
>
> It was in the repository before for sometime and you would need to
> update it.

Program was not updated. I can't put old software into repo - isn't not
my policy...

> > Not sure about users opinion and OSS-environment reaction :> .
>
> Not sure what that means. If you are willing to maintain it, just go
> ahead and do it. I am sure opinions would be mixed.

You're of course right .

Old 01-04-2008, 07:40 AM
"Laith Juwaidah"

I suggested this many times before (probably two times :P), but no one
seamed excited about it, so I abandoned the idea, but now that people
are interested I might work on it...
It'll be a good way to learn python

Just one question, anaconda has screens that look like some other
configuration tools (pirut, selinux configuration, root password, etc),
does it kinda call those apps or are they included in it?
Thanks

On Jan 4, 2008 2:09 AM, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek@gmail.com
> wrote:
I'm not developer. I'm only end-user, who became an packager.

Dnia 04-01-2008, pią o godzinie 02:07 +0530, Rahul Sundaram pisze:
> Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > Dnia 03-01-2008, czw o godzinie 21:02 +0530, Rahul Sundaram pisze:

> >> If you are interested in maintaining Yast, a port of it for RHEL is
> >> available at which should work on Fedora too with possibly minor changes.

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/yast/

> >> Rahul
> >>

> > No GTK support.
> > mv YaST > /dev/null
>
> It is not the latest version. Both the suggestions are something for you

> to potentially start with. You don't get anything yet that would just
> fit in right away.
>
> Rahul

Laith Juwaidah
http://www.ljuwaidah.org

Old 01-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Laith Juwaidah wrote:
I suggested this many times before (probably two times :P), but no one
seamed excited about it, so I abandoned the idea, but now that people
are interested I might work on it...

It'll be a good way to learn python
Just one question, anaconda has screens that look like some other
configuration tools (pirut, selinux configuration, root password, etc),
does it kinda call those apps or are they included in it?

Thanks

It calls the apps.

Rahul