Old 01-03-2008, 02:50 AM
"Josef Bacik"

Default FUDCon Hackfests

Hello,

Just curious about what exactly is entailed in a hackfest? For
example I plan on going to the kernel hackfest, do I need my laptop
for actual "hacking" or is it more of a bird of a feather type thing
like at OLS? Thanks much,

Josef

Old 01-03-2008, 02:51 AM
seth vidal

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 22:50 -0500, Josef Bacik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just curious about what exactly is entailed in a hackfest? For
> example I plan on going to the kernel hackfest, do I need my laptop
> for actual "hacking" or is it more of a bird of a feather type thing
> like at OLS? Thanks much,

hackfest: sit in a room with a bunch of other people and actually work
on code.

-sv

Old 01-03-2008, 03:57 AM
"roopesh majeti"

Sorry to spam.
But just want to know when and where is this hackfest ?
Is it online or offline in USA ?

Old 01-03-2008, 04:19 AM
John Poelstra

http://barcamp.pbwiki.com/FUDConRaleigh2008

Old 01-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Michael DeHaan

seth vidal wrote:

Just curious about what exactly is entailed in a hackfest? For
example I plan on going to the kernel hackfest, do I need my laptop
for actual "hacking" or is it more of a bird of a feather type thing
like at OLS? Thanks much,

hackfest: sit in a room with a bunch of other people and actually work
on code.

-sv

They'll be plenty of ideas/design/whiteboard kind of stuff also -- so if
you prefer

that (which I always do when there's a crowd), they'll be that too.

--Michael