Old 01-01-2008, 06:05 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

Default mysterious buildsys/mock failure (maxima)

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 12:31 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Any pointers on debugging why maxima fails on the buildsys:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=29572
> but succeeds on a local mock build
> http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/mock/fedora-9-x86_64-kde/maxima/
>
> On the failure, build.log only reports (mysteriously):
> configure: error: unable to run gcl executable "gcl".

Wow. That is cryptic.

I wonder if it could be possible to extend koji to look for (and copy,
if found) a config.log in the toplevel builddir if the build fails? If
it doesn't exist, eh, no worries, but if its there, it is almost always
useful to see.

~spot

Old 01-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Rex Dieter

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 12:31 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Any pointers on debugging why maxima fails on the buildsys:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=29572
>> but succeeds on a local mock build
>> http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/mock/fedora-9-x86_64-kde/maxima/
>>
>> On the failure, build.log only reports (mysteriously):
>> configure: error: unable to run gcl executable "gcl".
>
> Wow. That is cryptic.

mebrown suggested (on irc) that it may well be selinux at play here (which
is disabled on my own builder atm).

-- Rex

Old 01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Tuesday 01 January 2008, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 12:31 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> Any pointers on debugging why maxima fails on the buildsys:
> >> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=29572
> >> but succeeds on a local mock build
> >> http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/mock/fedora-9-x86_64-kde/maxima/
> >>
> >> On the failure, build.log only reports (mysteriously):
> >> configure: error: unable to run gcl executable "gcl".
> >
> > Wow. That is cryptic.
>
> mebrown suggested (on irc) that it may well be selinux at play here (which
> is disabled on my own builder atm).
>
> -- Rex

Our builders have selinux disabled also

Dennis