Old 12-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Till Maas

Default Wrong tag in EL-5 branch (?)

On Sa Dezember 29 2007, Xavier Lamien wrote:

> If someone else could perform an make tag action to check this, it'd be
> great.

The user notting deleted the file "branch", I guess by accident:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/g-wrap/EL-5/?hideattic=0

You need to create it with:
echo EL-5 >> branch
in the EL-5 subdir. Otherwise the Makefile does not know which branch it is
in.

Regards,
Till

Old 12-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:14:29 +0100, Xavier Lamien wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When tried to make tag EL-5 branch, i fallen on this following error :
> [SmootherFrOgZ@lxtbuild EL-5]$ make tag
> cvs tag -c g-wrap-1_9_9-5_fc9
> ERROR: The tag g-wrap-1_9_9-5_fc9 is already applied on a different branch
> ERROR: You can not forcibly move tags between branches
>
> I had to proceed as follow to fix this :
> HEAD_BRANCH=EL-5 make tag
>
> If someone else could perform an make tag action to check this, it'd be
> great.

Undelete the "branch" file. Put "EL-5" in it.
Compare with your EL-4 branch if you are unsure.
I could help, but ACLs are in place.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:18 PM
"Xavier Lamien"

2007/12/29, Till Maas <opensource@till.name>:
On Sa Dezember 29 2007, Xavier Lamien wrote:

> If someone else could perform an make tag action to check this, it'd be
> great.

The user notting deleted the file "branch", I guess by accident:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/g-wrap/EL-5/?hideattic=0

You need to create it with:
echo EL-5 >> branch
in the EL-5 subdir. Otherwise the Makefile does not know which branch it is

in.
I could see that the Makefile.common's looking for file branch and if it doesn't find it set $HEAD_BRANCH to devel branch as default branch.

It wouldn't be more simple to print an error message instead of set it to devel if this file is missing ?

Regards,
Till

Xavier.t Lamien
--
French Fedora Ambassador
Fedora/EPEL Contributor******| http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/XavierLamien

Old 12-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Andreas Bierfert

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:18:16 +0100
"Xavier Lamien" <laxathom@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> It wouldn't be more simple to print an error message instead of set it to
> devel if this file is missing ?

Not really since devel does not have branch files since it is not branched.

- Andreas

--
Andreas Bierfert, B.Sc. | http://awbsworld.de | GPG: C58CF1CB
andreas.bierfert@lowlatency.de | http://lowlatency.de | signed/encrypted