Old 12-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Martin Marques

Default New tzdata

Will there be a new tzdata available as tonight, and by a new law, we
will have a daylight hour change in Argentina?

Debian has already made the changes:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/t/tzdata/current/changelog.html

Old 12-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Kevin Kofler

Martin Marques <martin <at> marquesminen.com.ar> writes:
> Will there be a new tzdata available as tonight, and by a new law, we
> will have a daylight hour change in Argentina?

WTF!? Are they crazy? They announce a DST change with only 3 (!!!) days notice,
when most of the world is on holidays?! How are they expecting software to get
updated in time? :-/

Kevin Kofler

Old 12-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Kevin Kofler

Martin Marques <martin <at> marquesminen.com.ar> writes:
> Will there be a new tzdata available as tonight, and by a new law, we
> will have a daylight hour change in Argentina?

Probably not, as there isn't even a bug report filed in Bugzilla yet. Please
file one!

Kevin Kofler

Old 12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
John Summerfield

Martin Marques wrote:
Will there be a new tzdata available as tonight, and by a new law, we
will have a daylight hour change in Argentina?

Debian has already made the changes:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/t/tzdata/current/changelog.html

Oo er - even worse than the Western Australian govt. We had more than
three days.

Presumably El Pres will figure it's not quite so easy when Windows
doesn't get updated:-)

As an emergency measure, you can do what I did last year - copy the file
(or the file the link points to if it's a symlink) /etc/localtime around
your systems.

It worked for me between Debian, SUSE and RH/Fedora systems and clones,
and even to Mac OS X on G4 PowerPC.

Windows systems I coped with by turning them off.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

Old 12-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Martin Marques

Kevin Kofler escribió:

Martin Marques <martin <at> marquesminen.com.ar> writes:
Will there be a new tzdata available as tonight, and by a new law, we
will have a daylight hour change in Argentina?

WTF!? Are they crazy? They announce a DST change with only 3 (!!!) days notice,
when most of the world is on holidays?! How are they expecting software to get
updated in time? :-/

Don't even mention it. The worst part is that we are already ahead in 1
hour, and now we are 2 hours in the atlantic. :-(

The citizens are very happy with the change, especially the ones closer
to Chile which have sun light until 10pm.