Old 12-13-2008, 05:46 PM
FD Cami

Default koji status (was Where do we go from here DBus problem?)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:30:36 -0600
"Jerry Amundson" <jamundso@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:
> > no im not logged in, you cant be logged in unless using ssl, unfortunatly ssl
> > auth is broken in all browsers except for firefox. i very very rarely am
> > logged in. i only log in when i need to. i was able to login from both of
> > the http urls and log back out again successfully.
>
> I'm using FF 3.0.4, but also found the same with FF 2.x and Konq, and
> can't believe I'm the only one getting this... maybe clearing cache
> will replicate this for someone who has it working now?
> Secure Connection Failed
>
> An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.
> SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
> (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)

Same here, Fedora 10, Firefox 3.0.4 .

--
fdc

Old 12-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Saturday 13 December 2008 11:30:36 am Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:
> > no im not logged in, you cant be logged in unless using ssl, unfortunatly
> > ssl auth is broken in all browsers except for firefox. i very very
> > rarely am logged in. i only log in when i need to. i was able to login
> > from both of the http urls and log back out again successfully.
>
> I'm using FF 3.0.4, but also found the same with FF 2.x and Konq, and
> can't believe I'm the only one getting this... maybe clearing cache
> will replicate this for someone who has it working now?
> Secure Connection Failed
>
> An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.
> SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
> (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)
SSL only works if you have a user cert imported to the browser, right now
only Firefox supports user certificates. konqueror in 3.x also supports them
but that is Fedora 8 only. the behaviour you are descirbing is expected if
you do not have a client side certificate. you will only be able to access
koji using http://

Dennis