Old 12-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Dennis Gilmore

Default Where do we go from here DBus problem?

On Friday 12 December 2008 11:00:56 pm Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:
> > On Friday 12 December 2008 10:22:39 pm Jerry Amundson wrote:
> >>
> >> koji returns:
> >>
> >> Secure Connection Failed
> >> An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.
> >> SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security
> >> parameters. (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)
> >
> > https only works if you have a user cert imported in your browser. use
> > http instead of https.
>
> Hmm. So, both url's work fine for you?
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525 and
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524 both work fine for
me

Dennis

Old 12-13-2008, 05:22 AM
"Jerry Amundson"

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2008 11:00:56 pm Jerry Amundson wrote:

>> > https only works if you have a user cert imported in your browser. use
>> > http instead of https.
>>
>> Hmm. So, both url's work fine for you?
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525 and
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524 both work fine for
> me

And koji shows you as logged in?
How about with a different browser?

jerry

--
TBD.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:58 AM
Dennis Gilmore

On Saturday 13 December 2008 12:22:58 am Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:

> >> Hmm. So, both url's work fine for you?
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525 and
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524 both work
> > fine for me
>
> And koji shows you as logged in?
> How about with a different browser?
no im not logged in, you cant be logged in unless using ssl, unfortunatly ssl
auth is broken in all browsers except for firefox. i very very rarely am
logged in. i only log in when i need to. i was able to login from both of
the http urls and log back out again successfully.

Dennis

Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 PM
"Colin Walters"

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Warren Togami <wtogami@redhat.com> wrote:

> However might it be possible to improve on this reversion a bit. Might it
> be possible for apps to output, perhaps to stderr, when it hit a case where
> it would have failed before this reversion? Then it would be more obvious
> what needs to be fixed in regular updates later, and as we approach F11.

There's a logging patch I'm working on upstream coming soon.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:56 PM
"Colin Walters"

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@chello.at> wrote:
>>
>>> The D-Bus policy really ought to be reverted and never touched again in F8,
>>> F9 and F10. This should only be changed in F11 or even F12. The change is
>>> just not ready for production use at all.
>>
>> I've been working through things this week and had hoped a lot would
>> get fixed, but at this point it has turned into an enormous ball of
>> yarn. So thinking about it I suppose you're right.
>>
>> I'll do an upload which reverts by tomorrow.
>
> F10:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525

Bodhi update:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/dbus-1.2.4-2.fc10

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/dbus-1.2.4-2.fc9

Old 12-14-2008, 09:26 AM
FD Cami

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:50:44 -0500
"Colin Walters" <walters@verbum.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@chello.at> wrote:
> >
> >> The D-Bus policy really ought to be reverted and never touched again in F8,
> >> F9 and F10. This should only be changed in F11 or even F12. The change is
> >> just not ready for production use at all.
> >
> > I've been working through things this week and had hoped a lot would
> > get fixed, but at this point it has turned into an enormous ball of
> > yarn. So thinking about it I suppose you're right.
> >
> > I'll do an upload which reverts by tomorrow.
>
> F10:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525
> F9:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524
>
> Any testing before tomorrow is greatly appreciated, I've tested a
> local F10 on my machine. After that I'll make a Bodhi update.

Done for F10, no weird behaviour to report, that fixed smolt (the
gathering information stage was broken) here.

Thanks !

Francois