Old 12-13-2008, 01:50 AM
"Colin Walters"

Default Where do we go from here DBus problem?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@chello.at> wrote:
>
>> The D-Bus policy really ought to be reverted and never touched again in F8,
>> F9 and F10. This should only be changed in F11 or even F12. The change is
>> just not ready for production use at all.
>
> I've been working through things this week and had hoped a lot would
> get fixed, but at this point it has turned into an enormous ball of
> yarn. So thinking about it I suppose you're right.
>
> I'll do an upload which reverts by tomorrow.

F10:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525
F9:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524

Any testing before tomorrow is greatly appreciated, I've tested a
local F10 on my machine. After that I'll make a Bodhi update.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:22 AM
"Jerry Amundson"

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
> F10:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525
> F9:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524

koji returns:

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.
SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
(Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)

jerry

--
TBD.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:26 AM
"Jerry Amundson"

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
>> F10:
>> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525
>> F9:
>> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524
>
> koji returns:
>
> Secure Connection Failed
> An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.
> SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
> (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)

For grins, I tried the port 80 version,
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525F9

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
299, in HandlerDispatch
result = object(req)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py",
line 213, in handler
published = publish_object(req, object)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/publisher.py",
line 412, in publish_object
return publish_object(req,util.apply_fs_data(object, req.form, req=req))

File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/util.py", line
439, in apply_fs_data
return object(**args)

File "/usr/share/koji-web/scripts/index.py", line 834, in buildinfo
buildID = int(buildID)

ValueError: invalid literal for int(): 74525F9

jerry

--
TBD.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:27 AM
Dennis Gilmore

On Friday 12 December 2008 10:22:39 pm Jerry Amundson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
> > F10:
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525
> > F9:
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524
>
> koji returns:
>
> Secure Connection Failed
> An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.
> SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
> (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)
https only works if you have a user cert imported in your browser. use http
instead of https.

Dennis

Old 12-13-2008, 03:41 AM
sean darcy

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 00:16 +0000, Ian Amess wrote:

Shutdown and Reboot from KDE is broken, Kbluetooth4 just hangs these
are examples.

Are you aware of a tracker bug tracking all these related issues so that
we can get the whole picture?

I have a question, why, when it was realised how much of a problem
this update was, it was not just regressed?

I think that's because the developers and maintainers in question did
not, and perhaps still don't, know the entire extent of the problem, and
whether or not it would be quicker to fix the broken apps vs putting the
old dbus back in place.

Hello. This is a mess. Does everyone have to file to have it regressed?

Does no one have a clue?

Hands in the air.

WTF are you guys thinking.

Are you?

Old 12-13-2008, 04:00 AM
"Jerry Amundson"

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2008 10:22:39 pm Jerry Amundson wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
>> > F10:
>> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74525
>> > F9:
>> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=74524
>>
>> koji returns:
>>
>> Secure Connection Failed
>> An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.
>> SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
>> (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)
> https only works if you have a user cert imported in your browser. use http
> instead of https.

Hmm. So, both url's work fine for you?

jerry

--
TBD.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:11 AM
Arjan van de Ven

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:58:58 -0800
Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 22:47 +0000, Ian Amess wrote:
> > After a number of days some things have been fixed others are being
> > worked on, but not everything is fixed.
>
> Do you have examples of things currently not fixed?

I have a strong suspicion that the kerneloops applet is broken
(based on a sharp drop of incoming reports since a few days)

visit http://www.lesswatts.org

Old 12-13-2008, 04:22 AM
"Jerry Amundson"

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Jerry Amundson <jamundso@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> koji returns:
>>>
>>> Secure Connection Failed
>>> An error occurred during a connection to koji.fedoraproject.org.
>>> SSL peer was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
>>> (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)
>> https only works if you have a user cert imported in your browser. use http
>> instead of https.
>
> Hmm. So, both url's work fine for you?

Or for anyone else? Feedback from anywhere is good at this point -
anyone around Sydney or Tokyo (or similiar) checking e-mail on (your)
Saturday afternoon?

jerry

--
TBD.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:33 AM
Warren Togami

Colin Walters wrote:

[...]

Colin, I'm glad that you are reverting this because it was clearly a
mistake to fundamentally change how it works in the middle of a release.

However might it be possible to improve on this reversion a bit. Might
it be possible for apps to output, perhaps to stderr, when it hit a case
where it would have failed before this reversion? Then it would be more
obvious what needs to be fixed in regular updates later, and as we
approach F11.

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Old 12-13-2008, 04:53 AM
Mamoru Tasaka

Jerry Amundson wrote, at 12/13/2008 02:22 PM +9:00:

[...]

After you login to koji web interface, https will work
(when I login to koji the URLs above work)
The setup procedure to login to koji can be shown when you
again try $ fedora-packager-setup
(I seldom login to koji so I usually use http to access koji)

Mamoru (from Tokyo)