Old 12-12-2008, 06:37 PM
"Arthur Pemberton"

Default Fedora Com System ? (was: Package updating problem and solutions)

I think everyone is familiar with the topic, and this isn't an attempt
to branch into, just a side question.

Does the Fedora community see a need for a simple (yet robust)
communication system (possibly one way) from the Fedora elders to the
Fedora users? The idea being that if there was such a system now, and
alert could be sent out and people could be aware of the issue and the
work around, without relying on a mailing list, etc?

I ask as I would likely be trying for the GSoC next summer, and seems
like this may be a good, fairly self contained, project to work on if
community finds there is a significant need for it.

Arthur Pemberton

Old 12-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Seth Vidal

I think everyone is familiar with the topic, and this isn't an attempt
to branch into, just a side question.

Does the Fedora community see a need for a simple (yet robust)
communication system (possibly one way) from the Fedora elders to the
Fedora users? The idea being that if there was such a system now, and
alert could be sent out and people could be aware of the issue and the
work around, without relying on a mailing list, etc?

How are fedora-announce, the blogs and the webpages NOT this?

-sv

Old 12-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Seth Vidal