Old 12-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Orion Poplawski

Default How to get c++ abort to generate backtrace

We're seeing cmake crash on the ppc64 builders with the following:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std:ut_of_range'
what(): basic_string::erase

Is there anyway to get this to automatically generate a stack trace?
When I try running the process under gdb I don't get the crash so I've
been unable to debug that way.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 12-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Jakub Jelinek

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 09:12:25AM -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> We're seeing cmake crash on the ppc64 builders with the following:
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std:ut_of_range'
> what(): basic_string::erase
>
> Is there anyway to get this to automatically generate a stack trace?

LD_PRELOAD=libSegFault.so SEGFAULT_SIGNALS=abrt ./program arguments

Jakub

Old 12-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Neal Becker

Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 09:12:25AM -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> We're seeing cmake crash on the ppc64 builders with the following:
>>
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std:ut_of_range'
>> what(): basic_string::erase
>>
>> Is there anyway to get this to automatically generate a stack trace?
>
> LD_PRELOAD=libSegFault.so SEGFAULT_SIGNALS=abrt ./program arguments
>
> Jakub

Interesting. Where is doc on this?