Old 12-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Matthew Woehlke

Default Who is "mriddle (a t) valueclick.com" ?

Seth Vidal wrote:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

He seems to be tracking most/all of mine as well.

Spam Harvester?

Given the domain name, that was my first thought as well. I'm glad
someone else mentioned it.

I've been reluctant to say anything, but does anyone actually *know*
this person?

--
Matthew
|- /- | -+- |- + | -+- /-

Old 12-11-2008, 06:54 PM
"Jerry Amundson"

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Seth Vidal wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
>>>
>>> He seems to be tracking most/all of mine as well.
>>
>> Spam Harvester?
>
> Given the domain name, that was my first thought as well. I'm glad someone
> else mentioned it.
>
> I've been reluctant to say anything, but does anyone actually *know* this
> person?

No, but I had this hair-brained idea to actually e-mail him... :-)
His response:

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Marc Riddle <mriddle@valueclick.com> wrote:
> My name is Marc Riddle, I'm a sysadmin @ ValueClick (a redhat customer).
> Just read the thread you're referring to, I had been watching a couple
> addresses @ bugzilla.redhat.com for a bit (a habit I picked up from our
> local BZ instance, gives me plenty of reading material on my PDA when I'm
> out and bored ).
>
> Originally just watching a couple maintainers of packages I'm particularly
> interested in, although I added a couple high-volume addrs to my watch list.
> The mails go to a folder with aggressive archiving rules, so I'd completely
> forgotten about them for the last couple months. Sorry if anyone got freaked
> out by my watching, I'll go ahead and drop the bulk of them for now...
>
> Marc Riddle

jerry

--
Store in cool, dry place. Rotate stock.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Matthew Woehlke

Jerry Amundson wrote:

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Matthew Woehlke
I've been reluctant to say anything, but does anyone actually *know* this
person?

No, but I had this hair-brained idea to actually e-mail him... :-)
His response:
[snip response]

Hehe... thanks :-).

--
Matthew
|- /- | -+- |- + | -+- /-

Old 12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
"Jerry Amundson"

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Matthew Woehlke <caughtmyself@thistime> wrote:
> Jerry Amundson wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Matthew Woehlke
>> <mw_triad@speaking.of.spam> wrote:
>
> Please don't do that ^^.

Doh! Sorry!

jerry

--
Store in cool, dry place. Rotate stock.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Seth Vidal wrote:
> Spam Harvester?
>
> it'd be a good way to pickup email addresses.

Seeing that valueclick.com really isn't a "low profile setup" I don't
think that this is the case.

Ralph

Old 12-12-2008, 09:03 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 01:15:35PM -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Seth Vidal wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
>>> He seems to be tracking most/all of mine as well.
>>
>> Spam Harvester?
>
> Given the domain name, that was my first thought as well. I'm glad
> someone else mentioned it.

ValueClick are a huge US online advertising company. Although I'm no
big fan of their stuff (like their several affiliate marketing
subsidiaries including Commission Junction) I somehow doubt they'd
bother to spam harvest Fedora email addresses.

Rich.

software inside the virtual machine. Supports Linux and Windows.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/

Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Yanko Kaneti

> Richard W.M. Jones (rjones@redhat.com) said:
> > I've wondered this for a while. mriddle (apparently "Marc Riddle",
> > according to a quick Google search) gets emailed every time I update
> > many types of Bugzillas, particularly Review Requests.
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
>
> See 'user watching'.
>
> People can set up bugstalking filters to get e-mailed any time someone
> else would be e-mailed.
>
> Bill

user watching is one way to get non-security bugzilla mail for a package
of interest without going through yet another line of red tape.

Waiting for approval for bugzilla watching, brilliant...