Old 11-29-2008, 11:19 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Default Unowned directories

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 10:21:45AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Doesn't surprise me. The list has gotten longer. A lot. Reviewers don't
> look for such issues, because reviewers themselves are packagers, and many
> packagers either don't know or don't care about unowned dirs.

Quite right too - it's the sort of thing that RPM could track.

Rich.

software inside the virtual machine. Supports Linux and Windows.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/

Old 12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Callum Lerwick

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 01:23 -0500, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> I got rid of things that seemed like
> false positives (things under /tmp, /var/cache, and /dev/.udev).

Exclude all of /dev, it is dynamically generated by udev. If you
'cat /proc/mounts' you'll find that it is in fact a tmpfs, though it is
not entered in to /etc/mtab so it does not show in 'mount'.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:51 PM
yersinia

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 10:21:45AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Doesn't surprise me. The list has gotten longer. A lot. Reviewers don't

> look for such issues, because reviewers themselves are packagers, and many

> packagers either don't know or don't care about unowned dirs.

Quite right too - it's the sort of thing that RPM could track.

Yes, this feature was already tracked* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Rpm-devel
some year ago.

*

Rich.