-   -   Before I do something silly, can someone give me some advice on an lvm partition? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/201993-before-i-do-something-silly-can-someone-give-me-some-advice-lvm-partition.html)

Paul 11-29-2008 10:07 AM

Before I do something silly, can someone give me some advice on an lvm partition?

Hi,

I have a 149Gb lvm partition on /dev/sda2. I've no idea what's in there.
My /home directory is on a different drive. /dev/sda1 has the OS on it
(it's 200Mb). I have a feeling that the likes of /usr and /var are on
the lvm partition. Is there anything I can use to check this?

TTFN

Paul

Manuel Wolfshant 11-29-2008 10:33 AM

Before I do something silly, can someone give me some advice on an lvm partition?

I have a 149Gb lvm partition on /dev/sda2. I've no idea what's in there.
My /home directory is on a different drive. /dev/sda1 has the OS on it
(it's 200Mb). I have a feeling that the likes of /usr and /var are on
the lvm partition. Is there anything I can use to check this?

lvdisplay, ls /dev/mapper ....
usually anaconda places the OS in a LVM and swap in another one , but
since you claim that your root dir is on sda1, I do not know. Anyway, I
doubt that all the OS is inside a 200 MB partition, more likely /boot is
there while the rest of the OS is inside the LVM