Old 11-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Carl Byington

Default how to add fc10-update branch?

Old 11-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Conrad Meyer

On Friday 28 November 2008 04:15:28 pm Carl Byington wrote:
> I have a package (libpst) that I was building for f10 by:
>
> cd fedora/$NAME/devel
> cvs update
> make new-sources FILES=$BALL
> cvs commit -m "update to $VER"
> make tag
> make build
>
> That worked to build dist-f10 packages, and of course it now builds a
> dist-f11 package. What steps do I need to build an updated f10 package,
> presumably going into something like dist-f10-updates-candidate that
> can then be (eventually) fetched via yum update?

cd fedora/$NAME
cvs up -d

Then your workflow is:

cd fedora/$NAME/F-10
cvs up
make new-sources FILES=$BALL
cvs ci -m "update to $VER"
make tag build

Conrad Meyer <konrad@tylerc.org>

Old 11-28-2008, 11:29 PM
"Xavier Lamien"

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:15 AM, Carl Byington <carl@five-ten-sg.com> wrote:

> I have a package (libpst) that I was building for f10 by:
>
> cd fedora/$NAME/devel
> cvs update
> make new-sources FILES=$BALL
> cvs commit -m "update to $VER"
> make tag
> make build
>
> That worked to build dist-f10 packages, and of course it now builds a
> dist-f11 package. What steps do I need to build an updated f10 package,
> presumably going into something like dist-f10-updates-candidate that
> can then be (eventually) fetched via yum update?

Sounds you need a fresh 'cvs co' of your package instead of 'cvs up'

--
Xavier.t Lamien

Old 11-29-2008, 02:28 AM
Carl Byington

Old 11-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Conrad Meyer

On Friday 28 November 2008 07:28:57 pm Carl Byington wrote:
> > cd fedora/$NAME
> > cvs up -d
> >
> > Then your workflow is:
> >
> > cd fedora/$NAME/F-10
> > cvs up
> > make new-sources FILES=$BALL
> > cvs ci -m "update to $VER"
> > make tag build
>
> Thanks! That should work in the future. Now I have a slightly different
> problem. While my fedora/$NAME/devel was setup to build for f-10, I
> managed to do a 'make tag', so I created both libpst-0_6_22-1_fc10 and
> libpst-0_6_22-1_fc11 tags in the devel branch. Now I am trying to build
> in the F-10 branch, and of course it complains:
>
> ERROR: The tag libpst-0_6_22-1_fc10 is already applied on a different
> branch
> ERROR: You can not forcibly move tags between branches
>
> It would be nice to
> cvs tag -d libpst-0_6_22-1_fc10
> in the devel branch, but that is not allowed. One recovery path is to
> bump the version, and just build f-10 and devel again. Or is there a
> way to force the removal of that incorrect f-10 tag from the devel(now
> f11) branch?

Here you must bump the R and re-tag, unfortunately.

--
Conrad Meyer <konrad@tylerc.org>

Old 12-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Carl Byington

Old 12-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 08:39:22 -0800, Carl wrote:

> > cd fedora/$NAME/F-10
> > cvs up
> > make new-sources FILES=$BALL
> > cvs ci -m "update to $VER"
> > make tag build
>
> That is working, but the new package does not show up with 'yum list
> libpst' on a Fedora 10 system. 0.6.23-1.fc10 was built over a week ago.
> Is there just a long delay before packages show up in the repositories,
> or do I need to get some f-10-updates branch created?

You need to submit an update request via bodhi ("make update")
or via the web page: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/