Old 11-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

Default python 2.6 prob

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 07:22 -0800, Craig Petty wrote:
> I try compile python 2.6 with this ./configure --prefix=/usr/local and
> got this message
>
> Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
> _bsddb _curses _curses_panel
> _hashlib _sqlite3 _ssl
> _tkinter bsddb185 bz2
> dbm gdbm readline
> sunaudiodev zlib
> To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for
> the module's name.

Which of the bits given in setup.py have you been unable to find? They
should all be in Fedora, except the bits for bsddb185 and sunaudiodev.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Craig Petty

where can i find the package call bsddb185 and sunaudiodev?Or maybe i should stay with python 2.5.2.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 11:02 -0800, Craig Petty wrote:
> where can i find the package call bsddb185 and sunaudiodev?Or maybe i should stay with python 2.5.2.

You can find the bits for bsddb185 on... I don't know, a RHL6 machine?

You can find the bits for sunaudiodev on Solaris.

But are yo sure you even need those? Or that you can build them?