Old 11-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Petrus de Calguarium

Default ccedilla & Ccedilla migrated to c' and C' after upgrading to Fedora Rel 10

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
> Configurations are:
>
> LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE=pt_BR.UTF-8
> Keyboard: PC101 US
> Layout: US-INTL (dead keys)
>
> Original ccedilla: ' c
> Original Ccedilla: 'C

My lang is en_US.UTF-8 and the keyboardtype is simply pc (as shown in /etc/sysconfig/keyboard).

In kde's system configurations, define the keyboard as evdev-managed keyboard (this is necessary to get it to work, as there is no longer an /etc/X11/xorg.conf), with us international layout (us-acentos -- in your case, perhaps some kind of Brazillian Portuguese setting, I guess). All I need do is type right alt (alt-gr) followed by comma for ccedilla and shift right alt (alt-gr) followed by comma for Ccedilla.

If this doesn't work, you could try, in the xkb options, to define the right win key to be compose (the menu key is used by kde). With this setup, just type the , (comma), then either a c or C to make ccedilla and Ccedilla respectively.

These are 2 ways to do it. I don't know how your Portuguese keyboard will respond. This is all I know.

> What's the best way (one that won't be lost when I update the system) to
> correct this problem?

I don't have a clue what you mean by this.