Old 12-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Neal Becker

Default qscintilla2, eric4?

I'm interested in eric4. It needs qscintilla >= 2.1, while F8 has 1.7.1.
Anyone looking into this?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Mark

2007/12/15, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com>:
> I'm interested in eric4. It needs qscintilla >= 2.1, while F8 has 1.7.1.
> Anyone looking into this?

My guess is that qscintilla isn't really a high priority for fedora
right now (how can i see who the package maintainers are for a certain
package??) so you might want to try to grab the .src.rpm of the last
rpm [1] made by fedora and upgrade it yourself.

to do this:
rpm -ivh packagename.src.rpm
go to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/
run rpmbuild -ba the_specfile.spec (this is just to see that it
builds. if it's not building it will likely give you a list of
packages that you need in order to build it.) When the building works
than you can start adjusting the package to your demands. open up the
specfile (for example in nano, vi, gedit, kate etc) and look for the
source url (probably [2]). than you have to follow it, download the
latest version, put it the ../SOURCES dir (assuming your still in the
SPECS dir) and than adjust your specfile.
Now if your lucky than the build works and you have a new RPM which
you can install.. (don't count on it)

Good luck making it.

[1] = http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/qscintilla/1.7.1/3.fc8/src/qscintilla-1.7.1-3.fc8.src.rpm
[2] = http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/qscintilla/download.php

Old 12-16-2007, 09:00 AM
"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray"

> (how can i see who the package maintainers are for a certain
> package??)

Using PackageDB. eg.,
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/qscintilla

> so you might want to try to grab the .src.rpm of the last
> rpm [1] made by fedora and upgrade it yourself.

My guess is that Rex Dieter is busy with KDE4. So instead of just
making a package and keeping it for yourself, you can consider
updating it in Fedora itself. That way your effort will benefit more
souls than just yours. :-)

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7
Key server: pgp.mit.edu

Old 12-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Neal Becker

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:

>> (how can i see who the package maintainers are for a certain
>> package??)
>
> Using PackageDB. eg.,
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/qscintilla
>
>> so you might want to try to grab the .src.rpm of the last
>> rpm [1] made by fedora and upgrade it yourself.
>
> My guess is that Rex Dieter is busy with KDE4. So instead of just
> making a package and keeping it for yourself, you can consider
> updating it in Fedora itself. That way your effort will benefit more
> souls than just yours. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Debarshi

Here is my start at qscintilla2. It so far builds/installs the qt4 part.

Question:
Should we build 1 set of packages for qt3, and a second set for qt4? (A set
here means qscintilla, qscintilla-designer, qscintilla-devel), as in:

Wrote: /home/nbecker/RPM/RPMS/x86_64/qscintilla-snapshot.20071205-3.fc8.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /home/nbecker/RPM/RPMS/x86_64/qscintilla-designer-snapshot.20071205-3.fc8.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /home/nbecker/RPM/RPMS/x86_64/qscintilla-devel-snapshot.20071205-3.fc8.x86_64.rpm

https://nbecker/RPM/qscintilla-snapshot.20071205-3.fc8.src.rpm

Old 12-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Neal Becker

Oops, make that: