Old 11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
"Konstantin Ryabitsev"

Default pgadmin3 gone from F10

Hello:

The pgadmin3 package is not built for F10. I searched through the
lists, but I couldn't find the reason -- it was just removed back in
September and never added again.

It builds and runs just fine on F10, so I'm quite perplexed about
what's going on. Anyone has any clues?

Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec

Old 11-24-2008, 05:33 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 13:30 -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> Hello:
>
> The pgadmin3 package is not built for F10. I searched through the
> lists, but I couldn't find the reason -- it was just removed back in
> September and never added again.
>
> It builds and runs just fine on F10, so I'm quite perplexed about
> what's going on. Anyone has any clues?

Licensing. It was under Artistic 1.0 only, and while upstream was
working towards relicensing, due to a variety of legal concerns, they
were not able to get it done in the F10 timeframe. As soon as they
manage to relicense, we should be able to push it as an update.

See: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Artistic1Removal#pgadmin3

~spot