Old 11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

Default It's all ASPLODY!

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 13:33 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
> > It's also what we've done for python in the past. It's good to at least
> > get the stack up through yum and friends building and working before
> > thrusting the new python upon everyone as otherwise it's quite difficult
> > for people to even try to fix things on their own.
>
> So we'll need:
>
> - pygpgme
> - python-iniparse
> - python-urlgrabber
> - rpm-python
> - yum-metadata-parser (python module)

I got all those but python-iniparse (and y-m-p, which I didn't try)
built locally, and it only failed because of local reasons (i.e., I
didn't bump the release, I just rebuilt the SRPM as-is).

Old 11-24-2008, 05:58 PM
"Tom "spot" Callaway"

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 13:41 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 13:18 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> > You might consider a separate koji tag for this effort, similar to what
> > I did for perl in the F9 timeframe.
>
> I can do that. Just point me in the right direction please.

Rel-eng should be able to make the tag for you and setup the
inheritance. Just open a trac ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/

~spot

Old 11-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Ville Skyttä

On Monday 24 November 2008, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> Within the next few days Python 2.6 will be imported into Rawhide. This
> means that EVERY single Python-based package in Rawhide will be broken,

Hmm, to clarify: really every one, or "just" every one that installs files
into versioned python dirs and/or depends on versioned python(abi)?

If a package installs some *.py, *.pyc, *.pyo somewhere else than in versioned
python dirs, and the source *.py is python 2.6 compatible, will the *.pyc and
*.pyo compiled with 2.5 break with 2.6? For example, is it
necessary/beneficial to rebuild packages like rpmlint (all its python code is
either in /usr/bin or /usr/share/rpmlint)?