Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 AM
"Benjamín Valero Espinosa"

Default Translating summary text of packages

About the need of reducing the size of the summary texts and giving that info in the descriptions (and hoping PackageKit can search in them), what about the translation of this texts? Uff, I know this would be a huge task and I suppose it has been talked before, but as I see no summary translated to Spanish... Perhaps that would make the database grow, but we could translate just the summaries, that will soon be shorter and shorter

Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Till Maas

On Mon November 24 2008, Benjamín Valero Espinosa wrote:
> About the need of reducing the size of the summary texts and giving that
> info in the descriptions (and hoping PackageKit can search in them), what
> about the translation of this texts? Uff, I know this would be a huge task

If you want to translate them, you should probably coordinate with the Fedora
Localization Project:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N

I guess there is no reason, that there are no spanish translations, other than
a lack of manpower. :-)

Regards,
Till

Old 11-25-2008, 12:22 PM
"Nicolas Mailhot"

Le Mar 25 novembre 2008 14:14, Till Maas a écrit :

> If you want to translate them, you should probably coordinate with the
> Fedora
> Localization Project:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N

BTW would it be possible for some native speakers to set up a *en_US*
localisation group that reviews and edits the base summaries and
descriptions *before* all the other l10n groups have to deal with
them?

--
Nicolas Mailhot

Old 11-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Till Maas

On Tue November 25 2008, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Mar 25 novembre 2008 14:14, Till Maas a écrit :
> > If you want to translate them, you should probably coordinate with the
> > Fedora
> > Localization Project:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N
>
> BTW would it be possible for some native speakers to set up a *en_US*
> localisation group that reviews and edits the base summaries and
> descriptions *before* all the other l10n groups have to deal with
> them?

I guess you should ask this some member of the Localozation Project, too. But
it sounds like a good idea to me.

Regards,
Till