Old 11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
"Konstantin Ryabitsev"

Default Orphaning: MochiKit

Hi, all:

I no longer use MochiKit, so I am not a good maintainer. There is a
new release, which is quite different from the old one, so it's best
if someone can thoroughly test it before updating packages.

If you use MochiKit in your projects, please feel free to pick it up.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec

Old 11-23-2008, 04:05 PM
"Brennan Ashton"

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Konstantin Ryabitsev
<icon@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I no longer use MochiKit, so I am not a good maintainer. There is a
> new release, which is quite different from the old one, so it's best
> if someone can thoroughly test it before updating packages.
>
> If you use MochiKit in your projects, please feel free to pick it up.
I would be interested in doing this, as I use it for work (did not
know there was a Fedora package for it). I am not currently
sponsored, so how would I go about this for a package that is not new,
but orphaned?

--Brennan Ashton

Old 11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
"Gianluca Sforna"

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Brennan Ashton
<bashton@brennanashton.com> wrote:
> I am not currently
> sponsored, so how would I go about this for a package that is not new,
> but orphaned?

You just need to find a sponsor by the usual means: do reviews and/or
submit other packages.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gianlucasforna

Old 11-23-2008, 08:31 PM
"Brennan Ashton"

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Gianluca Sforna <giallu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Brennan Ashton
> <bashton@brennanashton.com> wrote:
>> I am not currently
>> sponsored, so how would I go about this for a package that is not new,
>> but orphaned?
>
> You just need to find a sponsor by the usual means: do reviews and/or
> submit other packages.

I figured as much, but just wanted to check, I am submitting a
ReviewRequest today for another package for sponsorship, once that
happens, I am still interested in taking over this package.

--Brennan Ashton

Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Thomas Moschny

2008/11/23 Brennan Ashton <bashton@brennanashton.com>:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Gianluca Sforna <giallu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Brennan Ashton
>> <bashton@brennanashton.com> wrote:
>>> I am not currently
>>> sponsored, so how would I go about this for a package that is not new,
>>> but orphaned?
>>
>> You just need to find a sponsor by the usual means: do reviews and/or
>> submit other packages.
>
> I figured as much, but just wanted to check, I am submitting a
> ReviewRequest today for another package for sponsorship, once that
> happens, I am still interested in taking over this package.

The MochiKit package still seems to be orphaned. Someone should
probably pick it up from the floor. There's a new upstream version,
btw.

- Thomas

--
Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny@gmail.com>

Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Adam Miller

I'll take it, I've got some friends who actually use it extensively.

-Adam

http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Old 02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Adam Miller

Hate to double post, but the "process for orphaned packages" says I'm
supposed to announce my intention to take ownership before I do
actually take ownership.
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages)

I've taken it in pkgdb and will look to get the new version in koji
system by the end of the day.

-Adam

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com

Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Thomas Moschny

2009/2/11 Adam Miller <maxamillion@gmail.com>:
> I'll take it, I've got some friends who actually use it extensively.

Cool, thanks!

--
Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny@gmail.com>

Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Brennan Ashton

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Thomas Moschny
<thomas.moschny@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/11 Adam Miller <maxamillion@gmail.com>:
>> I'll take it, I've got some friends who actually use it extensively.
>
> Cool, thanks!

Oh heh, yeah I got sponsored mostly so that I could pick that package
up, but it looks like in the time that took I lost track of that (too
may other good packages that need to be worked on). Glad someone
picked it up.

--Brennan Ashton