Old 11-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Paul

Default Games packaging

Hi,

I'm trying to package prboom (a doom port) for inclusion, but it places
the executable in /usr/game. Is this an acceptable place and if it is,
what do I put in files for /usr/game (for example, %{_bindir} goes
to /usr/bin).

TTFN

Paul

Old 11-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Casey Dahlin

Paul wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to package prboom (a doom port) for inclusion, but it places
the executable in /usr/game. Is this an acceptable place and if it is,
what do I put in files for /usr/game (for example, %{_bindir} goes
to /usr/bin).

TTFN

Paul

You should be able to give flags to the build script to make it put the
executable where it belongs.

--CJD

Old 11-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Kevin Kofler

Paul wrote:
> I'm trying to package prboom (a doom port) for inclusion

prboom is already in Fedora!
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/prboom

Kevin Kofler

Old 11-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Hans de Goede

Paul wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to package prboom (a doom port) for inclusion, but it places
the executable in /usr/game. Is this an acceptable place and if it is,
what do I put in files for /usr/game (for example, %{_bindir} goes
to /usr/bin).

As already mentioned prboom is already packaged, if you are looking for new
games to package take a look at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/WishList

Regards,

Hans