Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/)
-   -   ipa conflicts with mod_ssl (F9) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/196759-ipa-conflicts-mod_ssl-f9.html)

Neal Becker 11-20-2008 12:44 PM

ipa conflicts with mod_ssl (F9)
 
sudo yum install ipa-server ipa-client ipa-admintools
...
ipa-server-1.2.0-1.fc9.x86_64 from updates-newkey has depsolving problems
--> ipa-server conflicts with mod_ssl
Error: ipa-server conflicts with mod_ssl

rpm -q mod_ssl
mod_ssl-2.2.9-1.fc9.x86_64


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Pierre-Yves 11-20-2008 12:45 PM

ipa conflicts with mod_ssl (F9)
 
Neal Becker wrote:

sudo yum install ipa-server ipa-client ipa-admintools
...
ipa-server-1.2.0-1.fc9.x86_64 from updates-newkey has depsolving problems
--> ipa-server conflicts with mod_ssl
Error: ipa-server conflicts with mod_ssl

rpm -q mod_ssl
mod_ssl-2.2.9-1.fc9.x86_64


http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Regards,
P.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

"Daniel P. Berrange" 11-20-2008 12:46 PM

ipa conflicts with mod_ssl (F9)
 
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:44:06AM -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> sudo yum install ipa-server ipa-client ipa-admintools
> ...
> ipa-server-1.2.0-1.fc9.x86_64 from updates-newkey has depsolving problems
> --> ipa-server conflicts with mod_ssl
> Error: ipa-server conflicts with mod_ssl

IPA requires mod_nss, and mod_nss & mod_ssl are unable to co-exist
in apache, so IPA has a conflict with mod_ssl. That said, its a little
od that the Conflicts: is not in the mod_nss RPM itself.

Daniel
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, London -o- http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|
|: http://libvirt.org -o- http://virt-manager.org -o- http://ovirt.org :|
|: http://autobuild.org -o- http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|
|: GnuPG: 7D3B9505 -o- F3C9 553F A1DA 4AC2 5648 23C1 B3DF F742 7D3B 9505 :|

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Rob Crittenden 11-20-2008 05:37 PM

ipa conflicts with mod_ssl (F9)
 
Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:44:06AM -0500, Neal Becker wrote:

sudo yum install ipa-server ipa-client ipa-admintools
...
ipa-server-1.2.0-1.fc9.x86_64 from updates-newkey has depsolving problems
--> ipa-server conflicts with mod_ssl
Error: ipa-server conflicts with mod_ssl


IPA requires mod_nss, and mod_nss & mod_ssl are unable to co-exist
in apache, so IPA has a conflict with mod_ssl. That said, its a little
od that the Conflicts: is not in the mod_nss RPM itself.


mod_nss and mod_ssl can co-exist ok. The problem is when you also want
to use mod_proxy. mod_proxy doesn't have a generic way to register SSL
callbacks. It has a single API. Both mod_ssl and mod_nss can register
those callbacks but mod_nss will defer to mod_ssl if it is already
loaded. Hence if you are using mod_nss and mod_proxy together, as IPA
does, then mod_ssl will conflict.


And unfortunately it is the mere loading of mod_ssl that registers these
functions, so even having it installed, even if you aren't using it,
will cause problems. Simply renaming ssl.conf isn't enough either
because the next time that mod_ssl gets updated a new ssl.conf will be
written by rpm, causing a previously working system to mysteriously break.


The Conflict isn't ideal but it's the only sure-fire way we've found.

rob

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams 11-20-2008 05:55 PM

ipa conflicts with mod_ssl (F9)
 
On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 13:37 -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> mod_nss and mod_ssl can co-exist ok. The problem is when you also want
> to use mod_proxy. mod_proxy doesn't have a generic way to register SSL
> callbacks. It has a single API. Both mod_ssl and mod_nss can register
> those callbacks but mod_nss will defer to mod_ssl if it is already
> loaded.

Is there any advantage in mod_proxy using mod_ssl versus mod_nss?

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet@gmail.com>

PLEASE don't CC me; I'm already subscribed
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:00 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.