Old 11-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Default Games spin is out for F10

Old 11-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Jesse Keating

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 13:03 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> There has been problems composing this spin for F10-Preview, and there's
> problems popping up real close to release (which is right now). It's
> actually caused by a missing package (simple fix) but the real problem
> is whether the maintainer(s) fix(es) the problem and actually test(s)
> the spin.

I should note that I tried to be the "good guy" and just fix it myself,
however fixing that led to another problem where the initial chroot
created was too small, fixing that led to the whole thing being
oversized and invalid for mkisofs. That was the final straw.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 PM
"Debarshi Ray"

> I should note that I tried to be the "good guy" and just fix it myself,
> however fixing that led to another problem where the initial chroot
> created was too small, fixing that led to the whole thing being
> oversized and invalid for mkisofs. That was the final straw.

Coincidentally I was playing with it a bit with Rakesh (CC'ed) and we
also hit the same blockade about the small chroot. Maybe Rakesh went a
bit further.

Cheers,
Debarshi

Old 11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 08:56:12AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 13:03 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > There has been problems composing this spin for F10-Preview, and there's
> > problems popping up real close to release (which is right now). It's
> > actually caused by a missing package (simple fix) but the real problem
> > is whether the maintainer(s) fix(es) the problem and actually test(s)
> > the spin.
>
> I should note that I tried to be the "good guy" and just fix it myself,
> however fixing that led to another problem where the initial chroot
> created was too small, fixing that led to the whole thing being
> oversized and invalid for mkisofs. That was the final straw.

It was good of you to try in any case. Sad that we'll be missing this
spin, but the nice thing about a ~6-month cycle is that it won't be
long before we have the potential to see it again.