FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Matej Cepl
 
Default What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

On 2008-11-21, 20:53 GMT, Les Mikesell wrote:
> That's something that less specialized volunteers could do.

Yes, but there is severe lack of them -- it is not that sexy as
hacking on kernel, I suppose.

Matěj

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Les Mikesell
 
Default What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

Matej Cepl wrote:

On 2008-11-21, 20:53 GMT, Les Mikesell wrote:
That's something that less specialized volunteers could do.


Yes, but there is severe lack of them -- it is not that sexy as
hacking on kernel, I suppose.


If it were as easy as moderating a mailman list there might be more
takers. What's the current workflow and where have you requested
volunteer help?


--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Nicolas Mailhot
 
Default What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

What this all tells me is that the requests for a newbie-friendly
bugzilla façade are low prio and people hacking in bugzilla or
replacements should focus on triager needs.

--
Nicolas Mailhot
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Matej Cepl
 
Default What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

On 2008-11-22, 01:26 GMT, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> How does one sign up to get all NEW bugs for a certain
> component?

Create a query and read it via RSS.

But no, that's not what I do. I am cursed by reading ALL bugmails
regarding some particular components (a lots of them).

And of course, you can follow all emails to the package
maintainer.

Matěj

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Matej Cepl
 
Default What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

On 2008-11-22, 00:00 GMT, Les Mikesell wrote:
> What's the current workflow and where have you requested
> volunteer help?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers and fedora-test list.

Matěj

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-25-2008, 11:06 AM
David Timms
 
Default What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

David Timms wrote:

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

My question is, what do we need/want/like from Bugzilla?

wishes:
- a separate by-line for me-too comments (eg I got that on x86_64, I
got it on a "piece of old carpet" things that people tend to add to
bugzilla / bugs.launchpad etc. These can server as breadth of issue
marker, but aren't really clarifying a bug, with option to add hardware
id from smolt. [ x ] I experienced this symptom and my smolt hardware
dsecription is [http://smotls.y.z/12345656]


- a way to mark a me-too comment as "me-too".


Just came across following which provides another viewpoint:
http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2008/08/one-bug-report-to-rule-them-all.html

DaveT.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Callum Lerwick
 
Default What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 23:06 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
> > Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >> My question is, what do we need/want/like from Bugzilla?
> > wishes:
> > - a separate by-line for me-too comments (eg I got that on x86_64, I
> > got it on a "piece of old carpet" things that people tend to add to
> > bugzilla / bugs.launchpad etc. These can server as breadth of issue
> > marker, but aren't really clarifying a bug, with option to add hardware
> > id from smolt. [ x ] I experienced this symptom and my smolt hardware
> > dsecription is [http://smotls.y.z/12345656]
> >
> > - a way to mark a me-too comment as "me-too".
>
> Just came across following which provides another viewpoint:
> http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2008/08/one-bug-report-to-rule-them-all.html

What would be useful is something like comments on Slashdot or Digg,
useless comments can be folded out of the way. Also a way to just move
comments from one bug to another.

Hey why not bite the bullet and go to fully threaded comments. :P Noisy
conversations aren't exactly a new area of software engineering. We just
need to be mindful of the proven designs that have existed for decades.
(Mail readers, mailing lists, usenet...)
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:04 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org