Old 11-19-2008, 02:07 AM
"Konstantin Ryabitsev"

Default Python tb trying to run sugar

Wanted to try running Sugar on my up-to-date F10 install, but it
crashes right away:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/sugar-shell", line 30, in <module>
from main import main
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/main.py", line 32, in <module>
import view.Shell
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/Shell.py", line 38, in <module>
from view.frame import frame
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/frame/frame.py", line 29, in <module>
from view.frame.activitiestray import ActivitiesTray
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/view/frame/activitiestray.py", line 33,
in <module>
from model import shellmodel
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/shellmodel.py", line 24, in <module>
from model.devices.devicesmodel import DevicesModel
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/devices/devicesmodel.py", line
25, in <module>
from model import network
File "/usr/share/sugar/shell/model/network.py", line 23, in <module>
from sugar import dispatch
ImportError: cannot import name dispatch

Installed via yum groupinstall "SUGAR Desktop Environment"

Anything obvious that I'm missing?

Cheers,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec

Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 22:07 -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> Wanted to try running Sugar on my up-to-date F10 install, but it
> crashes right away:

> ImportError: cannot import name dispatch
>
> Installed via yum groupinstall "SUGAR Desktop Environment"
>
> Anything obvious that I'm missing?

Nope. Someone forgot a dep on python-ruledispatch.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:31 AM
"Konstantin Ryabitsev"

2008/11/18 Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 22:07 -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
>> Wanted to try running Sugar on my up-to-date F10 install, but it
>> crashes right away:
>
>> ImportError: cannot import name dispatch
>>
>> Installed via yum groupinstall "SUGAR Desktop Environment"
>>
>> Anything obvious that I'm missing?
>
> Nope. Someone forgot a dep on python-ruledispatch.

I don't think that's it -- the actual line is "from sugar import
dispatch", not just "import dispatch". It seems that a chunk of sugar
is missing (or something). "yum provides
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sugar/dispatch.py" doesn't find
anything, so I think something got left out.

--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Montréal, Québec