Old 11-18-2008, 09:45 PM
"Thomas Moschny"

Default Heads up: waf 1.5

Hi!

I'd like to update waf [1] to version 1.5.0 (which has been released
only recently, and changes apis) for rawhide, and also as an update
for f10. As far as I can see, only midori depends on it (although some
more packages probably should, like kdissert).

Any objections?

Regards,
Thomas

[1] http://code.google.com/p/waf/

--
Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny@gmail.com>

Old 01-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Thomas Moschny

On 2008/11/18 I wrote:
> I'd like to update waf [1] to version 1.5.0 (which has been released
> only recently, and changes apis) for rawhide, and also as an update
> for f10. As far as I can see, only midori depends on it (although some
> more packages probably should, like kdissert).

Today, waf 1.5.2 has been landed in rawhide.

I'm hesitant also upgrading waf in f10 or f9, as this would be an
incompatible upgrade, being strongly discouraged in Fedora.

Comments?

- Thomas

[1] http://code.google.com/p/waf/

--
Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny@gmail.com>

Old 01-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Colin Walters

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Thomas Moschny
<thomas.moschny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2008/11/18 I wrote:
>> I'd like to update waf [1] to version 1.5.0 (which has been released
>> only recently, and changes apis) for rawhide, and also as an update
>> for f10. As far as I can see, only midori depends on it (although some
>> more packages probably should, like kdissert).
>
> Today, waf 1.5.2 has been landed in rawhide.
>
> I'm hesitant also upgrading waf in f10 or f9, as this would be an
> incompatible upgrade, being strongly discouraged in Fedora.

Yes, do not upgrade f10 or f9.

In general with build tools you should *never* break compatibility
(i.e., if the code breaks compat, you should make a new package). waf
has been in a development period up until now, so that's fine as long
as consumers understand that. Hopefully now that it's hit 1.5 it will
be stable though.