Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Brian Pepple

Default Plan for tomorrows (20081119) FESCO meeting

Hi,

Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday at 18:00
UTC (13:00 EST) in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:

/topic FESCo-Meeting - F11/F12 Schedule -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-November/msg00037.html - f13, all

/topic FESCO-Meeting -- Features --
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeviceKit

/topic FESCO-Meeting -- Features --
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VolumeControl

/topic FESCO-Meeting -- Features --
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Windows_cross_compiler

/topic FESCO-Meeting -- Features -- pushed from F10 to F11
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Presto -- everything still
relevant?

/topic FESCO-Meeting -- Features
--https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Multiseat

/topic FESCo-Meeting - Fedora representative to LSB? -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-November/msg00763.html - bpepple

/topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora

You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
this mail and I'll add it to the schedule. You can also propose topics
in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.

Later,
/B

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Old 11-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Karsten Hopp

Brian Pepple schrieb:

[...]

Can we take a look at bugzillas 461926 and 472061 ? This can get us into lots of trouble
and I think we should have a policy that such a behaviour needs to be patched out/disabled
from any binaries shipped with Fedora.

Karsten

Old 11-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Dan Horák

Karsten Hopp p*še v St 19. 11. 2008 v 12:14 +0100:
> Brian Pepple schrieb:
> >
> > /topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora
> >
> > You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> > this mail and I'll add it to the schedule. You can also propose topics
> > in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.
> >
> > Later,
> > /B
> >

> Can we take a look at bugzillas 461926 and 472061 ? This can get us into lots of trouble
> and I think we should have a policy that such a behaviour needs to be patched out/disabled
> from any binaries shipped with Fedora.

I think we can use
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Code_Vs_Content

Dan

Old 11-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Bill Nottingham

Dan Hork (dan@danny.cz) said:
> > Can we take a look at bugzillas 461926 and 472061 ? This can get us into lots of trouble
> > and I think we should have a policy that such a behaviour needs to be patched out/disabled
> > from any binaries shipped with Fedora.
>
> I think we can use
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Code_Vs_Content

Ah, webcollage. I don't think that guideline specifically covers it,
as it isn't shipping the content; it's just using a random image
search using various net locations. (Haven't looked at it recently,
but presumably yahoo, ogoogle, etc.)

That being said, I'm fairly sure it's been removed from the random list,
if not from the package itself, multiple times already.

Bill

Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Brian Pepple

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 12:14 +0100, Karsten Hopp wrote:
> Can we take a look at bugzillas 461926 and 472061 ? This can get us into lots of trouble
> and I think we should have a policy that such a behaviour needs to be patched out/disabled
> from any binaries shipped with Fedora.

Yup, added to schedule.