Old 11-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Till Maas

Default ANNOUNCE: Smock (simpler mock) - a mock wrapper for chain building

On Tue November 18 2008, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> 'Smock' stands for 'simpler mock'. It's a script that runs on top of
> mock, allowing you to chain-build a series of RPMs from a single
> command.
>
> smock.pl --arch=i386 --arch=x86_64
> --distro=fedora-9 --distro=fedora-10
> *.src.rpm
>
> The above command would arrange the SRPMs into the correct order
> according to their BuildRequires, then build each in the four separate
> mock environments Fedora {9,10} {i386,x86_64}. It makes the result of
> each previous package build available to subsequent packages, and in
> case of error it is fully restartable (it skips packages which have
> already been built).

Thanks a lot, this looks very helpful. To make it even more simplier, you can
also use "file:///" urls in the mock config file for repositories. Then do
not need a webserver. Another issue I noticed is, that there is no license
information.

Regards,
Till

Old 11-18-2008, 05:17 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 07:02:57PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> Thanks a lot, this looks very helpful. To make it even more
> simplier, you can also use "file:///" urls in the mock config file
> for repositories. Then do not need a webserver.

Does this work? I'll take your word for it -- it would definitely be
simpler if we didn't need to run a web server :-)

> Another issue I noticed is, that there is no license information.

Ah, a simple oversight. I'll check with Dan and drop the license info
into that directory. I'm sure it'll be GPLv2+.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top

Old 11-18-2008, 05:22 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:23:55PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> why not make this work as a function of mock instead of a wrapper around
> it?

Yes, we should do this.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)

Old 11-18-2008, 05:29 PM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 06:17:05PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 07:02:57PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> > Thanks a lot, this looks very helpful. To make it even more
> > simplier, you can also use "file:///" urls in the mock config file
> > for repositories. Then do not need a webserver.
>
> Does this work? I'll take your word for it -- it would definitely be
> simpler if we didn't need to run a web server :-)

It didn't work when I tried it originally. Perhaps its needs a newer
mock than I had originally, or maybe I just did it wrong. Still worth
trying again if it is expected to actually work...

> > Another issue I noticed is, that there is no license information.
>
> Ah, a simple oversight. I'll check with Dan and drop the license info
> into that directory. I'm sure it'll be GPLv2+.

Yes, I was just about to say GPLv2+

Daniel

Old 11-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Till Maas

On Tue November 18 2008, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 07:02:57PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> > Thanks a lot, this looks very helpful. To make it even more
> > simplier, you can also use "file:///" urls in the mock config file
> > for repositories. Then do not need a webserver.
>
> Does this work? I'll take your word for it -- it would definitely be
> simpler if we didn't need to run a web server :-)

I already use these for a while, but don't forget to use enough slashes, two
for the protocol and one for the root of the filesystem. :-)

Regards,
Till

Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Till Maas

On Tue November 18 2008, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> 'Smock' stands for 'simpler mock'. It's a script that runs on top of
> mock, allowing you to chain-build a series of RPMs from a single
> command.
>
> smock.pl --arch=i386 --arch=x86_64
> --distro=fedora-9 --distro=fedora-10
> *.src.rpm
>
> The above command would arrange the SRPMs into the correct order
> according to their BuildRequires, then build each in the four separate
> mock environments Fedora {9,10} {i386,x86_64}. It makes the result of
> each previous package build available to subsequent packages, and in
> case of error it is fully restartable (it skips packages which have
> already been built).

Sadly it seems not to work with only srpm or if the only BRs that several
srpms connect are of the type "%{name}-devel", because it seems to assume
that every srpm only provides it's name as a package.

Regards,
Till

Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:39:43AM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> Sadly it seems not to work with only srpm or if the only BRs that several
> srpms connect are of the type "%{name}-devel", because it seems to assume
> that every srpm only provides it's name as a package.

Ah yes, should be easy to fix. It didn't affect any mingw32 packages
as it happens because they don't use -devel.

Rich.

virt-p2v converts physical machines to virtual machines. Boot with a
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v

Old 11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 09:59:02AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:39:43AM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> > Sadly it seems not to work with only srpm or if the only BRs that several
> > srpms connect are of the type "%{name}-devel", because it seems to assume
> > that every srpm only provides it's name as a package.
>
> Ah yes, should be easy to fix. It didn't affect any mingw32 packages
> as it happens because they don't use -devel.

I pushed this change which appears to fix the problem:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel?cs=b11d7b1283d8