Old 11-18-2008, 04:49 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Default ANNOUNCE: Smock (simpler mock) - a mock wrapper for chain building

'Smock' stands for 'simpler mock'. It's a script that runs on top of
mock, allowing you to chain-build a series of RPMs from a single
command.

smock.pl --arch=i386 --arch=x86_64
--distro=fedora-9 --distro=fedora-10
*.src.rpm

The above command would arrange the SRPMs into the correct order
according to their BuildRequires, then build each in the four separate
mock environments Fedora {9,10} {i386,x86_64}. It makes the result of
each previous package build available to subsequent packages, and in
case of error it is fully restartable (it skips packages which have
already been built).

The script was written by Dan Berrange and extensively hacked on by
me. This is how we've been building the MinGW & OCaml packages for
quite a while.

Available from:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel/
(click 'manifest' then 'smock')

Please read the README file!

Example output:

http://www.annexia.org/tmp/mingw/fedora-9/

Example wrapper script we use for MinGW:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel/?f=d3dc6fa7cddd;file=build-everything-in-mock.sh

Commands we use for OCaml:

cd fedora
for f in ocaml*; do (cd $f/devel && make srpm); done
smock.pl --arch=i386 --arch=x86_64 --distro=fedora-rawhide
ocaml*/devel/*.src.rpm

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)

Old 11-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Seth Vidal