Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 AM
"Arthur Pemberton"

Default plymouthd taking ~5s on machine

Just doing some work on a laptop machine for a friend and thought to
run bootchart on it. I was surprised to see that plymouthd seemed to
be blocking for 5 seconds. I have attached the data and rendered svg
in case anyone is interested in this data.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )

Old 11-18-2008, 05:02 PM
"Ray Strode"

Hi,

2008/11/18 Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@gmail.com>:
> Just doing some work on a laptop machine for a friend and thought to
> run bootchart on it. I was surprised to see that plymouthd seemed to
> be blocking for 5 seconds. I have attached the data and rendered svg
> in case anyone is interested in this data.
That's just the initrd doing it's thing before / is mounted. It's not
plymouthd blocking boot up. plymouthd is just running in the
background while that stuff is happening.

--Ray

Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
"Arthur Pemberton"

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Ray Strode <halfline@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/11/18 Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@gmail.com>:
>> Just doing some work on a laptop machine for a friend and thought to
>> run bootchart on it. I was surprised to see that plymouthd seemed to
>> be blocking for 5 seconds. I have attached the data and rendered svg
>> in case anyone is interested in this data.
> That's just the initrd doing it's thing before / is mounted. It's not
> plymouthd blocking boot up. plymouthd is just running in the
> background while that stuff is happening.

Thanks for the explanation.