Old 11-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Patrice Dumas

Default BugZappers/HouseKeeping is a policy and seems incomplete

Hello,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping
should certainly be in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy
currently it is very hard to find. Maybe it should be rerwrited to be
presented as a policy, but currently putting it in Policy should be
better than the current situation.

And also I didn't found anything on this page telling that EOL version
bugs are automatically closed although I think that it is the case.

--
Pat

Old 11-16-2008, 11:21 PM
"Jon Stanley"

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus@free.fr> wrote:

> And also I didn't found anything on this page telling that EOL version
> bugs are automatically closed although I think that it is the case.

That's mentioned on this page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/MonthAfterRelease

And I'm not sure about linking it from the policy page, since it's not
a policy that FPC mandated. But I'll leave that to the FPC members
(who I think control that page).

Old 11-16-2008, 11:24 PM
"Jon Stanley"

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley@gmail.com> wrote:

> And I'm not sure about linking it from the policy page, since it's not
> a policy that FPC mandated. But I'll leave that to the FPC members
> (who I think control that page).

Sorry, it's already linked from there:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/EOL

Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Patrice Dumas

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 07:24:30PM -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > And I'm not sure about linking it from the policy page, since it's not
> > a policy that FPC mandated. But I'll leave that to the FPC members
> > (who I think control that page).
>
> Sorry, it's already linked from there:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/EOL

I've just linked it, indeed. But it is a policy as such, in my opinion.

--
Pat

Old 11-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Patrice Dumas

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 07:21:39PM -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > And also I didn't found anything on this page telling that EOL version
> > bugs are automatically closed although I think that it is the case.
>
> That's mentioned on this page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/MonthAfterRelease

Not really what I was searching after... This seems more like an
internal procedure, not reallly something that informs packagers.

> And I'm not sure about linking it from the policy page, since it's not
> a policy that FPC mandated. But I'll leave that to the FPC members
> (who I think control that page).

Nope, these pages are more under the FESCo responsibility, though they
are opened to anybody for modification.

What I asked for was to setup a page in the Policy group that would
explain the bugzilla policy.

--
Pat

Old 11-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:19:39 +0100
pertusus@free.fr (Patrice Dumas) wrote:

> What I asked for was to setup a page in the Policy group that would
> explain the bugzilla policy.

Yes, if someone from Bugzappers could add a section on it to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy
I think that would be great. Possibly near/on the EOL policy area?

> Pat

kevin

Old 11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
"Brennan Ashton"

2008/11/23 Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com>:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:19:39 +0100
> pertusus@free.fr (Patrice Dumas) wrote:
>
>> What I asked for was to setup a page in the Policy group that would
>> explain the bugzilla policy.
>
> Yes, if someone from Bugzappers could add a section on it to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy
> I think that would be great. Possibly near/on the EOL policy area?

The only part of our housekeeping page that seems to be policy is the
EOL, was there another area that you were wanting in there as well?

--Brennan Ashton

Old 11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Patrice Dumas

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 03:19:00PM -0800, Brennan Ashton wrote:

> The only part of our housekeeping page that seems to be policy is the
> EOL, was there another area that you were wanting in there as well?

I think that the use of FutureFeature should be in the policy. And also
the part about 'Tracker (Blocker) Bugs'.

Maybe something along:

When a fedora version is released, all the bugs entered against rawhide
are rebased against that version, except for those having the 'FutureFeature'
keyword.

And for the tracker bugs, simply a redirection to the corresponding
Tracker (Blocker) Bugs section of HouseKeeping.

--
Pat

Old 11-26-2008, 03:01 PM
"Nicolas Mailhot"

Le Mer 26 novembre 2008 15:44, Patrice Dumas a écrit :

> Maybe something along:
>
> When a fedora version is released, all the bugs entered against
> rawhide
> are rebased against that version, except for those having the
> 'FutureFeature' keyword.

And bugs that already block a future target.

I've seen rawhide bugs blocking F11Target requalified as F10 bugs
recently. Madness.

--
Nicolas Mailhot

Old 11-26-2008, 06:07 PM
"Jon Stanley"

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net> wrote:

> I've seen rawhide bugs blocking F11Target requalified as F10 bugs
> recently. Madness.

Ouch, that's not supposed to be that way, entirely my fault (I
provided the queries to be used, and it seems I forgot those, though
the intention was to exclude them).

I can go manually fix all of those. Sorry for the noise.

Twenty lashings for me