Old 11-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Chris Adams

Default Rawhide boot failure (2008-11-15)

Once upon a time, John Reiser <jreiser@BitWagon.com> said:
> Chris Adams wrote:
> >Is it just me, or does today's i386 rawhide not boot?
>
> The DVD that I made using pungi boots and displays the graphical splash
> screen.
> ananconda-11.4.1.58
> initscripts-8.86-1.i386
> kernel-2.6.27.5-109.fc10.i586 (Thu Nov 13).

Have you tried booting the provided boot.iso or vmlinuz/initrd.img?
Also, which glibc did you use? It was updated last night.

Anyway, it looks like the problem is that the initrd.img has
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 as a symlink to itself, rather than ld-2.9.so, so
/sbin/init fails to load (no dynamic loader). I'm not sure how that
happened; the glibc RPM has it right.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 AM
Chris Adams

Once upon a time, Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net> said:
> Is it just me, or does today's i386 rawhide not boot? I tried booting
> from boot.iso in a KVM and PXE booting, and in both cases I get:
>
> Failed to execute /init
> Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

Am I the only one seeing this? I still get this trying to boot from
rawhide-i386 boot.iso (2008-11-18).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

Old 11-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Jeremy Katz

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 21:20 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net> said:
> > Is it just me, or does today's i386 rawhide not boot? I tried booting
> > from boot.iso in a KVM and PXE booting, and in both cases I get:
> >
> > Failed to execute /init
> > Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
>
> Am I the only one seeing this? I still get this trying to boot from
> rawhide-i386 boot.iso (2008-11-18).

No, it was seen and fixed up this morning

Jeremy

Old 11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Chris Adams

Once upon a time, Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> said:
> > Am I the only one seeing this? I still get this trying to boot from
> > rawhide-i386 boot.iso (2008-11-18).
>
> No, it was seen and fixed up this morning

Thanks.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>