Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Chris Adams

Default Rawhide boot failure (2008-11-15)

Is it just me, or does today's i386 rawhide not boot? I tried booting
from boot.iso in a KVM and PXE booting, and in both cases I get:

Failed to execute /init
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

The x86_64 image appears to work (anaconda starts up anyway).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

Old 11-15-2008, 10:17 PM
John Reiser

Chris Adams wrote:
Is it just me, or does today's i386 rawhide not boot?

The DVD that I made using pungi boots and displays the graphical splash screen.
ananconda-11.4.1.58
initscripts-8.86-1.i386
kernel-2.6.27.5-109.fc10.i586 (Thu Nov 13).