-   -   network install and stage2.img: what i'm missing? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/193424-network-install-stage2-img-what-im-missing.html)

"Stjepan Gros" 11-14-2008 03:14 PM

network install and stage2.img: what i'm missing?

Hi all!

I'm trying to do PXE boot and network install of F10, but I can not
pass the step where I have to enter URL from which installation should
be done. Every time installer complains that it can not download
stage2.img. Looking into rawhide, as well as all F10 snapshots that
were released, there is no stage2.img to be found anywhere.

So, what am I missing here?

Stjepan

Chris Lumens 11-14-2008 03:48 PM

network install and stage2.img: what i'm missing?

> I'm trying to do PXE boot and network install of F10, but I can not
> pass the step where I have to enter URL from which installation should
> be done. Every time installer complains that it can not download
> stage2.img. Looking into rawhide, as well as all F10 snapshots that
> were released, there is no stage2.img to be found anywhere.
>
> So, what am I missing here?

Can you show what messages are on tty3? The only place "stage2.img"
exists in the anaconda source anymore is in the spec file's %changelog
and in some outdated documentation. Perhaps you have an old version of
the initrd on your pxe boot server, like maybe from way back in F9
times?

- Chris

Orion Poplawski 11-14-2008 03:51 PM

Stjepan Gros wrote:

Hi all!

I'm trying to do PXE boot and network install of F10, but I can not
pass the step where I have to enter URL from which installation should
be done. Every time installer complains that it can not download
stage2.img. Looking into rawhide, as well as all F10 snapshots that
were released, there is no stage2.img to be found anywhere.

So, what am I missing here?

Stjepan

Are you specifying a stage2 location in your pxe boot config or boot
command line? That was my problem....

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

"Stjepan Gros" 11-14-2008 04:09 PM

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion@cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> Stjepan Gros wrote:
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I'm trying to do PXE boot and network install of F10, but I can not
>> pass the step where I have to enter URL from which installation should
>> be done. Every time installer complains that it can not download
>> stage2.img. Looking into rawhide, as well as all F10 snapshots that
>> were released, there is no stage2.img to be found anywhere.
>>
>> So, what am I missing here?
>>
>> Stjepan
>>

> Are you specifying a stage2 location in your pxe boot config or boot command
> line? That was my problem....

Well, I messed up. It turns out that the problem was tftp server's
configuration that was pointing to another directory than the one I
was preparing. Sorry for the false alarm!

Stjepan