-   -   Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-11-11 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/191954-fedora-release-engineering-meeting-recap-2008-11-11-a.html)

John Poelstra 11-12-2008 01:39 AM

Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-11-11

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-nov-10

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Fedora 10 ==
* still frozen, and still accepting bugfix builds.
* November 16 is the last day to tag packages
* November 17 to 21 to create a final release
* Fedora 10 blocker list is needs to some work
* team of people is meeting on #fedora-blocker to work through list
* discussion of signed repo data

== IRC Transcript ==

Rahul Sundaram 11-12-2008 02:03 AM

John Poelstra wrote:

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-nov-10

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Fedora 10 ==
* still frozen, and still accepting bugfix builds.
* November 16 is the last day to tag packages
* November 17 to 21 to create a final release
* Fedora 10 blocker list is needs to some work
* team of people is meeting on #fedora-blocker to work through list

Is this a new IRC channel? Was it announced somewhere?

Rahul

Brian Pepple 11-12-2008 02:28 AM

Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-11-11

> John Poelstra wrote:
> > Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-nov-10
> >
> > Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.
> >
> > == Fedora 10 ==
> > * still frozen, and still accepting bugfix builds.
> > * November 16 is the last day to tag packages
> > * November 17 to 21 to create a final release
> > * Fedora 10 blocker list is needs to some work
> > * team of people is meeting on #fedora-blocker to work through list
>
> Is this a new IRC channel? Was it announced somewhere?

No, as far as I'm aware, this is the usual weekly rel-eng meeting.

Later,
/B

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Rahul Sundaram 11-12-2008 02:40 AM

Brian Pepple wrote:

John Poelstra wrote:

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-nov-10

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Fedora 10 ==
* still frozen, and still accepting bugfix builds.
* November 16 is the last day to tag packages
* November 17 to 21 to create a final release
* Fedora 10 blocker list is needs to some work
* team of people is meeting on #fedora-blocker to work through list

Is this a new IRC channel? Was it announced somewhere?

No, as far as I'm aware, this is the usual weekly rel-eng meeting.

In case, it wasn't clear, I was talking about #fedora-blocker. This is
the first time I am seeing a mention of this irc channel. I don't see it
announced anywhere or listed at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate

Rahul

"Paul W. Frields" 11-12-2008 02:55 AM

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 09:10:44AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Brian Pepple wrote:

>>> Is this a new IRC channel? Was it announced somewhere?
>>
>> No, as far as I'm aware, this is the usual weekly rel-eng meeting.
>
> In case, it wasn't clear, I was talking about #fedora-blocker. This is
> the first time I am seeing a mention of this irc channel. I don't see it
> announced anywhere or listed at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate

It was first seen in a previous post on this list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-October/msg02428.html

Rahul Sundaram 11-12-2008 03:12 AM

Paul W. Frields wrote:

It was first seen in a previous post on this list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-October/msg02428.html

Ah, I missed it.

It should have been more widely announced and documented in the right
places IMO. We seem to have mailing lists and irc channels not even
listed in

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate

Adding more without widely announcing them is not very helpful.

Rahul

Jesse Keating 11-12-2008 05:00 AM

Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-11-11

> In case, it wasn't clear, I was talking about #fedora-blocker. This is
> the first time I am seeing a mention of this irc channel. I don't see it
> announced anywhere or listed at

It's a temporary channel that was created to grab a few people and
review current blocker bugs. It will go away once the release is out.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedomē is a feature!