Old 11-12-2008, 12:01 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default F8 EOL messaging

It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
December 26th? :-)

--
Paul W. Frields ("Boxing Day jokes ftl.")

Old 11-12-2008, 12:09 AM
"Jeff Spaleta"

2008/11/11 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>:
> It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
> December 26th? :-)

And ruin Boxing Day?

-jef

Old 11-12-2008, 01:33 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 04:09:16PM -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> 2008/11/11 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>:
> > It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
> > December 26th? :-)
>
> And ruin Boxing Day?

I see someone didn't read my .signature. ;-)

Old 11-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Dennis Gilmore

On Tuesday 11 November 2008 08:33:26 pm Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 04:09:16PM -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > 2008/11/11 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>:
> > > It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
> > > December 26th? :-)
> >
> > And ruin Boxing Day?
>
> I see someone didn't read my .signature. ;-)
ill be at the beach drinking sprite. playing cricket and footy. and having fun
with my mates on boxing day.

Oh wait no i wont ill be stuck in the frozen tundra that is north of the Mason
Dixon line, no sun sand and surf for me

Dennis

Old 11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Bill Nottingham

Paul W. Frields (stickster@gmail.com) said:
> It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
> December 26th? :-)

Hm, I suppose part of it is 'when do we have someone available to do
the final update push?'

Bill

Old 11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Casey Dahlin

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Paul W. Frields (stickster@gmail.com) said:

It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
December 26th? :-)

Hm, I suppose part of it is 'when do we have someone available to do
the final update push?'

Bill

Was the answer to that question really "Christmas Day" previously?

--CJD

Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 15:57 -0500, Casey Dahlin wrote:
> Was the answer to that question really "Christmas Day" previously?

Killing Fedora releases is the only Christmas present I look forward to.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:32 PM
John Poelstra

Paul W. Frields wrote:

It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
December 26th? :-)

I suggest that we extend the EOL of F8 to January 5, 2009. We will not
be able to auto-close the open Fedora 8 bugs until this date as many Red
Hat people will be on holiday until that time.

John

Old 11-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Christopher Aillon

Paul W. Frields wrote:

It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
December 26th? :-)

I'd actually consider not having to support F8 and the old version of
Firefox and stack a nice Christmas gift. But that's just me...

Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Seth Vidal

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Christopher Aillon wrote:

Paul W. Frields wrote:

It seems really wrong to EOL F8 on Christmas Day. Can we make that
December 26th? :-)

I'd actually consider not having to support F8 and the old version of Firefox
and stack a nice Christmas gift. But that's just me...

Wow talk about tough shopping for the guy who has everything...

-sv