FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 PM
"Joshua C."
 
Default F10 Post-Preview snapshots?

We saw 3 snapshots between f10 beta and f10 preview release. Will
there be any snapshots before f10 final? torrents?

--joshua

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Jesse Keating
 
Default F10 Post-Preview snapshots?

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 20:14 +0100, Joshua C. wrote:
> We saw 3 snapshots between f10 beta and f10 preview release. Will
> there be any snapshots before f10 final? torrents?

No, please use rawhide for that.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Bruno Wolff III
 
Default F10 Post-Preview snapshots?

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 20:14:51 +0100,
"Joshua C." <joshuacov@googlemail.com> wrote:
> We saw 3 snapshots between f10 beta and f10 preview release. Will
> there be any snapshots before f10 final? torrents?

What are you looking to test? There are already F10 packages that will be
updates as soon as F10 is released. Testing rawhide won't test those.
If you want to test fresh installs rawhide makes sense. If you are interested
in specific packages you might want to look at koji to see if there are
post release updates already for those packages.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 AM
"Joshua C."
 
Default F10 Post-Preview snapshots?

2008/11/12 Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 20:14:51 +0100,
> "Joshua C." <joshuacov@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> We saw 3 snapshots between f10 beta and f10 preview release. Will
>> there be any snapshots before f10 final? torrents?
>
> What are you looking to test? There are already F10 packages that will be
> updates as soon as F10 is released. Testing rawhide won't test those.
> If you want to test fresh installs rawhide makes sense. If you are interested
> in specific packages you might want to look at koji to see if there are
> post release updates already for those packages.
>

I have i686 and want to try x86_64. therefore i downloaded livecd but
because of a dsdt error i need to recompile the x86_64 kernel. this is
not possible on i686 installation and the dsdt fix was committed to
f10 kernel after the preview release.

Therefore I need a precompiled livecd image, which won't be released
before stable

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Bruno Wolff III
 
Default F10 Post-Preview snapshots?

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 13:54:52 +0100,
"Joshua C." <joshuacov@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> I have i686 and want to try x86_64. therefore i downloaded livecd but
> because of a dsdt error i need to recompile the x86_64 kernel. this is
> not possible on i686 installation and the dsdt fix was committed to
> f10 kernel after the preview release.
>
> Therefore I need a precompiled livecd image, which won't be released
> before stable

Rawhide has later kernels, so you might be able to build a Live CD yourself
without having to rebuild the kernel. I haven't tried to build a liveCD for
x86_64 on i386, but I would expect this to be possible.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 AM
"Joshua C."
 
Default F10 Post-Preview snapshots?

2008/11/12 Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 13:54:52 +0100,
> "Joshua C." <joshuacov@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have i686 and want to try x86_64. therefore i downloaded livecd but
>> because of a dsdt error i need to recompile the x86_64 kernel. this is
>> not possible on i686 installation and the dsdt fix was committed to
>> f10 kernel after the preview release.
>>
>> Therefore I need a precompiled livecd image, which won't be released
>> before stable
>
> Rawhide has later kernels, so you might be able to build a Live CD yourself
> without having to rebuild the kernel. I haven't tried to build a liveCD for
> x86_64 on i386, but I would expect this to be possible.
>

No, it is not. x86_64 livecd can only be created in a x86_64
environment, bacause the installation on the packages includes running
the post section of some of them which requires x86_64 binaries.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org