Old 11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Kevin Kofler

Default Segfault with alliance on liveDVD

Thibault North wrote:
> Valgrind complains about a "source and destination overlap" happening in
> libXm.so.2.0.1 before the crash.

That means the offending call to memcpy should be changed into a memmove
(just change "memcpy" to "memmove"), chances are that'll be enough to fix
your crash.

Kevin Kofler

Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
"Chitlesh GOORAH"

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Thibault North
<tnorth@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have as part of FEL a package (alliance), which works well on Rawhide, but
> crashes (segfault) on our liveDVD. (built from rawhide also.)
>
> There must be a required file or something like that missing, but for now we
> don't know which one.
>
> We are looking for pointers on how to resolve that kind of issue. Have been
> explored for now: valgrind[1] and strace[2][3] on rawhide and that liveDVD.
>
> Valgrind complains about a "source and destination overlap" happening in
> libXm.so.2.0.1 before the crash.
>
> Strace shows some differences before the load (or crash) of the program, but
> I've not been able to spot something interesting enough in it.
>
> Any idea on how to fix that ?

I guess we are missing a specific Requires, which one ?
If package X requires Y and package Y requires Z, I believe that we
are missing package Z.

The same n-v-r works on an installed rawhide and not on a livedvd. Has
anyone removed a Requires from a libX??? or mesa-??? for some reason ?

Have anyone encountered other package aside alliance which is
suffering with such symptoms ?

Chitlesh

Old 11-10-2008, 09:43 AM
"Chitlesh GOORAH"

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> I guess we are missing a specific Requires, which one ?
> If package X requires Y and package Y requires Z, I believe that we
> are missing package Z.
>
> The same n-v-r works on an installed rawhide and not on a livedvd. Has
> anyone removed a Requires from a libX??? or mesa-??? for some reason ?
>
> Have anyone encountered other package aside alliance which is
> suffering with such symptoms ?
>
> Chitlesh

I guess I found it : xorg-x11-fonts-misc-7.2-6.fc9.noarch
Without xorg-x11-fonts-misc, graal crashes. I'll spin to verify it.

Chitlesh

Old 11-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Thibault North

Le Monday, 10. November 2008 05:43:39 am Chitlesh GOORAH, vous avez écrit*:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
>
> I guess I found it : xorg-x11-fonts-misc-7.2-6.fc9.noarch
> Without xorg-x11-fonts-misc, graal crashes. I'll spin to verify it.
>
> Chitlesh

I can confirm that installing xorg-x11-fonts-misc fixes the problem on the
liveDVD !
Thanks Chitlesh !

Thibault

Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 AM
David Timms

Thibault North wrote:

I guess I found it : xorg-x11-fonts-misc-7.2-6.fc9.noarch
Without xorg-x11-fonts-misc, graal crashes. I'll spin to verify it.

Chitlesh

I can confirm that installing xorg-x11-fonts-misc fixes the problem on the
liveDVD !

Would you be able to install yum-utils and then
package-cleanup --problems to find if the package management system is
doing it's job ? ie built a live cd without needed requires ?

Or does graal have a missing Requires ?

DaveT.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 PM
"Chitlesh GOORAH"