Old 11-08-2008, 08:14 PM
"Debarshi Ray"

Default Non-responsive maintainer process for Damien Durand

I would like to initiate the non-responsive maintainer policy [1]
against Damien Durand (CC'ed). Damien has not touched most of his
packages [2] for the last one year. Significantly, Pessulus was not
updated from 2.23.x to 2.24.x, while libgtksourceviewmm has also
missed a few upstream releases. An effort was made to contact by
filing a bug against 'gnubiff': https://bugzilla.redhat.com/464012
However there has been no response till now.

Here is another bug pending response for a long time:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/257721

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/splinux

Old 11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Martin-Gomez Pablo

Le Sun, 9 Nov 2008 02:44:55 +0530,
"Debarshi Ray" <debarshi.ray@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I would like to initiate the non-responsive maintainer policy [1]
> against Damien Durand (CC'ed). Damien has not touched most of his
> packages [2] for the last one year. Significantly, Pessulus was not
> updated from 2.23.x to 2.24.x, while libgtksourceviewmm has also
> missed a few upstream releases. An effort was made to contact by
> filing a bug against 'gnubiff': https://bugzilla.redhat.com/464012
> However there has been no response till now.
It's useless, he has change his email some time ago. As he cames
sporadically on the french fedora channel, I could contact him : he
completely give up his contribution for fedora (he was a great geek,
he decided to came back to the real live, you know :-)); but he has
some laziness to orphan his packages (our pressure seems to be
ineficient).

So go ahead in this process, i'm supporting you.

> Here is another bug pending response for a long time:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/257721
>
> Happy hacking,
> Debarshi
>
> [1]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers
> [2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/splinux

Pablo

Old 11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
"Debarshi Ray"

Sorry, I missed your mail in the mess that is my inbox.

> It's useless, he has change his email some time ago. As he cames
> sporadically on the french fedora channel, I could contact him : he

Okay, fine. I am planning to freshen up the 'pessulus' and 'gnubiff'
packages during FOSS.in, which is coming up next week.

Rakesh (CC'ed) had expressed his wish to take up gtksourceviewmm, so
hopefully that will also be taken care of.

> completely give up his contribution for fedora (he was a great geek,
> he decided to came back to the real live, you know :-));

That is very unfortunate. Would you want to look after some of the
packages Damien had?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Martin-Gomez Pablo

Le Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:52:15 +0530,
"Debarshi Ray" <debarshi.ray@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Sorry, I missed your mail in the mess that is my inbox.
No prob' :-)

> > It's useless, he has change his email some time ago. As he cames
> > sporadically on the french fedora channel, I could contact him : he
>
> Okay, fine. I am planning to freshen up the 'pessulus' and 'gnubiff'
> packages during FOSS.in, which is coming up next week.
>
> Rakesh (CC'ed) had expressed his wish to take up gtksourceviewmm, so
> hopefully that will also be taken care of.
>
> > completely give up his contribution for fedora (he was a great geek,
> > he decided to came back to the real live, you know :-));
>
> That is very unfortunate. Would you want to look after some of the
> packages Damien had?
Yes, "gnome-specimen" and "macchanger" look interesting, i'll take
them. For information, firestarter and musicbox seem to have no more
upstream, they should follow the EOL policy, no ?

Old 11-30-2008, 01:23 PM
"Debarshi Ray"

I just started Gnubiff 2.2.10 builds for F-9, F-10 and devel.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

Old 12-04-2008, 06:41 AM
"Rakesh Pandit"

2008/11/18 Martin-Gomez Pablo <pablo.martin-gomez@laposte.net>:
> Le Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:52:15 +0530,
> "Debarshi Ray" <debarshi.ray@gmail.com> a écrit :

[..]
>> Rakesh (CC'ed) had expressed his wish to take up gtksourceviewmm, so
>> hopefully that will also be taken care of.

FI, Vivek (bonii) will be handling this one.

--
rakesh

Old 01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
"Debarshi Ray"

> I would like to initiate the non-responsive maintainer policy [1]
> against Damien Durand (CC'ed).

Some more bugs assigned to him that need attention:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/465114: FTBFS gnome-specimen-0.3-2.fc10
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/465075: FTBFS gdmap-0.7.5-6.fc6

Cheers,
Debarshi

Old 01-11-2009, 03:37 PM
"Rakesh Pandit"

2009/1/11 Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray@gmail.com>:
>> I would like to initiate the non-responsive maintainer policy [1]
>> against Damien Durand (CC'ed).
>
> Some more bugs assigned to him that need attention:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/465114: FTBFS gnome-specimen-0.3-2.fc10

I checked this one and it is probably fixed already, though F9 build
is absent but I checked that F9 build also.

And it is fine.

> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/465075: FTBFS gdmap-0.7.5-6.fc6

Will look into this, it needs some love I guess.

--
rakesh

Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
"Rakesh Pandit"

2009/1/11 Rakesh Pandit <rakesh.pandit@gmail.com>:
> 2009/1/11 Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray@gmail.com>:
>>> I would like to initiate the non-responsive maintainer policy [1]
>>> against Damien Durand (CC'ed).
>>
>> Some more bugs assigned to him that need attention:
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/465114: FTBFS gnome-specimen-0.3-2.fc10
>
> I checked this one and it is probably fixed already, though F9 build
> is absent but I checked that F9 build also.
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1044981
>
> And it is fine.

Wello this one is already fixed and I have build for F-9 and closed.

>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/465075: FTBFS gdmap-0.7.5-6.fc6

While fixing this one I encountered a problem of 2 more folks fixing
it simultaneously. Which resulted in unnecessary commits and bump.

The basic problem is without assigning bug why we committing the fix ?
This has resulted in confusion. Lets assign bugs at least before
acting on them and that will help in collaboration.

--
rakesh

Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 00:53:37 +0530, Rakesh wrote:

> >> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/465075: FTBFS gdmap-0.7.5-6.fc6
> >

> While fixing this one I encountered a problem of 2 more folks fixing
> it simultaneously. Which resulted in unnecessary commits and bump.
>
> The basic problem is without assigning bug why we committing the fix ?
> This has resulted in confusion. Lets assign bugs at least before
> acting on them and that will help in collaboration.

The problem is you. Nobody else has committed anything at the same
time. In gdmap/devel, take a look at

cvs diff -r1.9 -r1.10 gdmap.spec | less

which shows that you've reverted several old commits dating
back to Feb 2008. You've also decreased %release which resulted
in tag conflicts. To avoid all this, you ought to have started
with a fresh working-copy.