Old 11-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Jesse Keating

Default Cambridge (F-10) Preview Release announcement

We've been cooking, and now it's time for a final taste test!

The Fedora Project is proud to announce the availability of the Fedora
10 Preview Release. The Fedora 10 Preview Release is our last
pre-release offering before we let everyone taste the goods for real.

https://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease

Doesn't it smell yummy? We know you can't resist, and we don't want you
to. We want everyone in the Fedora community to take an early sample and
tell us what you find. The recipe is pretty good, but now is the time to
make it perfect. Ingredients include:

* Faster boot using Plymouth
* Wireless connection sharing
* Better printing
* Enhanced software update and maintenance, from RPM 4.6 to
PackageKit
* Virtualization storage
* SecTool, security audit and intrusion detection system
* Glitch free audio using timer-based scheduling

And, since this is Fedora, we don't have anything to hide. Take a peek
at what is in the not-so-secret sauce by looking at our Release Notes in
the Fedora Project wiki. We use 100% pure free and open source software
here, none of that high-fructose proprietary stuff.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes

Most of you should get a very tasty treat, but some of you might
experience a little bitterness. Don't fret - all is not lost - there is
still time to improve the recipe before we share it with the world. Head
over to the Fedora Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.redhat.com) and let us know
what offended your palate.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_file_a_bug_report

File bugs here:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&version=rawhide

If you'd like to interact with the chefs more directly, join the live
staff in the kitchen by coming to #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net, or
leave a message on the corkboard by the back door:

Ready to get your free preview sample? Go ahead and swipe one straight
from the oven - we don't mind. Put on your favorite heat resistant
BitTorrent mitt and grab one of the following goodies. Take as many as
you like.

Thanks for tasting!

https://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease

P.S. Please remember that as we run a public mirror system, the mirrors
for Fedora 10 Preview will not all be ready at this time, and may become
overloaded as the day goes on. If you receive permission denied
messages, please continue trying until you get through.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!