Old 10-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Roland Wolters

Default Packaging Hobbit (network monitor) - anyone interested in helping out?

Am Donnerstag 30 Oktober 2008 16:27:33 schrieb Manuel Wolfshant:
> > currently I am trying to package hobbit (client + server) for EPEL and
> > Fedora. I have to do that anyway, but it would be nice to have high
> > quality packages upstream in the EPEL/Fedora repositories.
> > [...]
> > - Installation:
> > Right now the server requires the client due to some files included with
> > teh client package. However, server and client must not run together, so
> > the question is if this should be checked at runtime (current solution)
> > or with package excludes (like razorsedge.org does, for example).
>
> usually this can be handled by creating a hobbit-common package which
> includes the stuff needed by both client and server and two other
> packages, for client and for server.

The problem is more that a decision must be made if it is worth the effrot - or
needed at all - or if not. But thakns for the hint anyway

Regards,

Roland
--
Roland Wolters
Tel.: +49 (0)21 61 / 46 43-181

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz