Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Ville Skyttä

Default Submitting new packages to F-10

Hi,

I just built a freshly reviewed and accepted new package for F-10. Now I'd
like it to be included in F-10 with the first batch of updates shipped for
it. But "make update" does not work for me. My "common" dir is up to date,
and Koji shows that the build is tagged with dist-f10-updates-candidate. Did
I miss something?

$ make update
[snip clog]
Creating a new update for vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 not tagged as an update candidate

$ koji tag-pkg dist-f10-updates-candidate vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
[snip]
TagError: build vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 already tagged
(dist-f10-updates-candidate)
0 free 0 open 0 done 1 failed

Old 10-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Matt Domsch

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 06:52:37PM +0200, Ville Skytt? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just built a freshly reviewed and accepted new package for F-10. Now I'd
> like it to be included in F-10 with the first batch of updates shipped for
> it. But "make update" does not work for me. My "common" dir is up to date,
> and Koji shows that the build is tagged with dist-f10-updates-candidate. Did
> I miss something?
>
> $ make update
> [snip clog]
> Creating a new update for vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 not tagged as an update candidate
>
> $ koji tag-pkg dist-f10-updates-candidate vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> [snip]
> TagError: build vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 already tagged
> (dist-f10-updates-candidate)
> 0 free 0 open 0 done 1 failed
>
> $ make update
> [snip clog]
> Creating a new update for vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 not tagged as an update candidate
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=68113

You need to request rel-eng to pull it in.
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/newticket

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

Old 10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Bill Nottingham

Matt Domsch (Matt_Domsch@dell.com) said:
> > $ make update
> > [snip clog]
> > Creating a new update for vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> > vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 not tagged as an update candidate
> >
> > $ koji tag-pkg dist-f10-updates-candidate vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> > [snip]
> > TagError: build vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 already tagged
> > (dist-f10-updates-candidate)
> > 0 free 0 open 0 done 1 failed
> >
> > $ make update
> > [snip clog]
> > Creating a new update for vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> > vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 not tagged as an update candidate
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=68113
>

> You need to request rel-eng to pull it in.
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/newticket

Shouldn't be needed for updates. What I suspect is happening is that
the wrong branch is being passed to bodhi-client. If you do an early
branch for F10 and then do the update, the right thing will probably
happen, although that may not be what you want. (The web UI may also
work, if it's been set up.)

Bill

Old 10-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Itamar - IspBrasil

Domsch, thanks for fast answer, ticket open.

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/917

also I have received another answer from my sponsor Mamoru Tasaka

"Currently bodhi does not accept F-10 updates request yet. I guess there
will be an announce when bodhi starts to accept F-10 updates request. So
please wait for now. For now you can submit push requests for F-9
packages. "

---------------------

Old 10-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Matt Domsch

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 01:23:40PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Matt Domsch (Matt_Domsch@dell.com) said:
> > > $ make update
> > > [snip clog]
> > > Creating a new update for vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> > > vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 not tagged as an update candidate
> > >
> > > $ koji tag-pkg dist-f10-updates-candidate vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> > > [snip]
> > > TagError: build vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 already tagged
> > > (dist-f10-updates-candidate)
> > > 0 free 0 open 0 done 1 failed
> > >
> > > $ make update
> > > [snip clog]
> > > Creating a new update for vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10
> > > vdr-remote-0.4.0-5.fc10 not tagged as an update candidate
> > >
> > > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=68113
> >

> > You need to request rel-eng to pull it in.
> > https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/newticket
>
> Shouldn't be needed for updates. What I suspect is happening is that
> the wrong branch is being passed to bodhi-client. If you do an early
> branch for F10 and then do the update, the right thing will probably
> happen, although that may not be what you want. (The web UI may also
> work, if it's been set up.)

I snipped too much. He wants it in dist-f10 and f10-final but 'make
tag' it tagging things into dist-f10-updates-candidate.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Kevin Kofler

Itamar - IspBrasil <itamar <at> ispbrasil.com.br> writes:
> Domsch, thanks for fast answer, ticket open.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/917
>
> also I have received another answer from my sponsor Mamoru Tasaka
>
> "Currently bodhi does not accept F-10 updates request yet. I guess there
> will be an announce when bodhi starts to accept F-10 updates request. So
> please wait for now. For now you can submit push requests for F-9
> packages. "

Well, in principle, getting the new packages tagged into f10-final should not
hurt (assuming they don't have Obsoletes: tags for anything else), so you
should be able to get rel-eng to do it through the rel-eng requests.

But indeed, if you just wait a few days, you'll be able to submit them as
updates through Bodhi.

Kevin Kofler

Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Jesse Keating

> Well, in principle, getting the new packages tagged into f10-final should not
> hurt (assuming they don't have Obsoletes: tags for anything else), so you
> should be able to get rel-eng to do it through the rel-eng requests.
>
> But indeed, if you just wait a few days, you'll be able to submit them as
> updates through Bodhi.

At this point I want new packages to go out as updates, unless there is
significant reason to pull them into F10 proper.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!